X

Tourmaster Response 2.0 Boots (shoes)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourmaster Response 2.0 Boots (shoes)

Just took my first ride in my new boots. Initial impression is very good. Put together well, comfortable, sizing is accurate.

They're also fairly comfortable for walking around, but they do feel like new boots. A little stiff in the sole still. That will break in though.

I'll try to update this periodically.

Can you feel anything in them, such as the ground or the rear break? I've tried to wear my brothers Answer MX boots, and hate everything about them. I need a pair, but I just can't safely ride when I can't feel anything.
    If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

Yeah, I think they have fairly good feel. I know it will get better the longer I wear them. They have more feel than my steel toe boots, but not as much as the pair they replaced. They have a pretty supple design. The only stiff parts are a little in the toe box and around the ankle. I'll pay more attention to that on the way home and post up tomorrow.

Comment

Just bought these, comfortable right out the box. A little taller than i usually wear, but a great boot, and very well made.

Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

For that price they better be comfortable!
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have the tourmaster solution boots and I love them. Definitely nice to have waterproof boots when the weather turns sour.
            "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
              For that price they better be comfortable!
              Got them for $195. Still allot, but i like how they fit, and thats all its about. Had an older pair of Tourmasters before, new ones did not fit as well.
              Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

I finally bought a pair of MC boots last year. I've been riding in combat boots for years and never thought the money for MC-specific boots was worth it. I looked at the Tourmaster Solutions but the puck that protects your ankle was too low and the edge rubbed my anklebone. I ended up going with some Vega boots on clearance for $60 and they've worked out pretty well despite being mostly made of vinyl. They're so much more comfortable on the bike than combat boots that I'm sold. When they wear out I'll replace them but something with leather this time. I'll have to give those Gaerns a look.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I may have to check these out. The price don't bother me too much as long as they are worth it. I really wanted a pair of Alpine Stars boots, but I'm afraid they will feel just like the motocross boots my brother has. I had every bone from my knee to my toes broken on a bike, so I'm living proof of how important your feet are and how easy they break...and rebreak lol.

Comment

Just watch how the protective plates match up to your feet. What really surprised me was how well the zippers work. The boots are really easy to put on and take off but with the zippers zipped there's no way at all those things are coming off.

Oh, and invest in some boot socks. Huge difference in comfort. I learned that a long time ago thanks to the military.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks for the tips. What I hate about the MX boots is that it feels like my feet are asleep in them. Absolutely numb feeling. I can't feel the shifter, rear brake, the ground when stopped, hell I can't even feel the pegs when I take back off. I don't know how those guys can ride like that. I wish there was somewhere close who carried a few brands, but there isn't. I think I'm gonna wait until the MotoGP race in Indy this year and hit the Alpine Stars tent to try a few different styles on.

Comment

Very good idea. One of the reasons I ended up with the Vegas was that they were available locally. I've always had a thing about buying footware without trying it on first.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Mrclean81 View Post
                          Thanks for the tips. What I hate about the MX boots is that it feels like my feet are asleep in them. Absolutely numb feeling. I can't feel the shifter, rear brake, the ground when stopped, hell I can't even feel the pegs when I take back off. I don't know how those guys can ride like that. I wish there was somewhere close who carried a few brands, but there isn't. I think I'm gonna wait until the MotoGP race in Indy this year and hit the Alpine Stars tent to try a few different styles on.
                          I've got the A* SMX-5 boots. Totally comfortable, and just like wearing shoes. I can walk around in them all day. Not to mention they are waterproof too! Ridden in the rain several times now and my feet are always warm and dry.

Comment

Well, my feet definitely aren't numb in these boots.

They're still new, so the soles are stiff. I can feel the brake fairly well. Not as well as a nice broken in thin soled boot, but better than a steel toe work boot.

Comment

All of that is good to know. Maybe its just the MX boots that feel like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X