No announcement yet.
X

Hard cases on a pre 750..... Pics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much weight can you put in that before it starts to mess with front end?

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
      Yes mine are the 36 Liter side cases. Thought about the 42's but decided the 36's were large enough.
      Right now I'm using one E42 as a top case because I think the E52 is just too large to use in town when I can lane share up to the front of traffic.

I've even considered getting one of Givi's scooter top cases to use around town. Something that narrow yet reasonably tall. Even though I believe I would need to get a adapter plate to fit the Monolock product.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

heres a photo of my bags before i remodeled the brackets and painted them i used the rear flasher mounts and the exost mounts to hold it all up and i had a strap going under the seat but found that it works fine without
        Attached Files
        voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
        82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
        83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

oh and the fellow i got the bags off of said they were from a cop cycle which explains the flasher unit that was in one of them
          voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
          82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
          83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Originally posted by wepainters View Post
            how much weight can you put in that before it starts to mess with front end?

Haven't reached that point yet. I reg haul my laptop with no issues. I have loaded it up with a tent, air mattress, MC electric tire pump, air mat pump, can of chain lube, a spare pair of pants, some extra tools, a bible and a first aid kit which filled the top case to capacity with no issues noted about making the front end light.

Hope this helps.
            If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

cas17013, sorry for stealing your thread for a moment...

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
              Doesn't look like anyone has one.

I could post up my Post Kat with Givi luggage but your not asking for that.
              squiggy, could you post some pics of your setup (mainly the rack you use for the top and side cases?
              I have a 01' 750 and i'm also on the carry-a-lot-stuff club... i need a top case the most but would like to have a setup that allows me to easily add the side bags when touring with my wife..
              Something that doesn't ruin the looks of the kat would be fresh news!
              I would consider to build something myself, but i'm afraid it wouldn't hang -on tight under normal riding...
              Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by nfs13 View Post
                squiggy, could you post some pics of your setup (mainly the rack you use for the top and side cases?
                Here's the link to my photo album for my Givi's on the Katana.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                  Here's the link to my photo album for my Givi's on the Katana.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1079169...7602283655831/
                  That's exactly the kind of setup i'm looking for!
                  What racks are you using there? The GIVI monorack specific for the Katana (518F)?
                  And what about the sides; do you have the reference of those racks?

Thanks

Comment

I think i have the answer to my own question...

PL525 as a side rack is what i need. But, since they are no longer in production and i can't find them anywhere on ebays around the world...

Not even the fitting kit for the wingrack; only the universal...

any suggestions??

Comment

What racks are you using there? The GIVI monorack specific for the Katana (518F)?
                      Yes that is the 518 rack for the top case.

And what about the sides; do you have the reference of those racks?
                      I do not remember specifically what the number is but you are correct in that Givi does not make them any more because Suzuki changed the rear body style for the Katana's in 2003. Now they only sell the newer kind.

You might might be able to find a used set on eBay either here in the U.S. or over on your side of the ocean.

Comment

Hey NFS, I spent a lot of time looking for a similar setup as squiggy for my 02 kat, with no luck. I ended up buying a SHAD tail rack and SHAD SH46 top box from cycleluggage.com. I also bought some saddle bags for long trips. Wish you all the best in locating a 518 rack.

Comment

Originally posted by landofsong View Post
                          Hey NFS, I spent a lot of time looking for a similar setup as squiggy for my 02 kat, with no luck. I ended up buying a SHAD tail rack and SHAD SH46 top box from cycleluggage.com. I also bought some saddle bags for long trips. Wish you all the best in locating a 518 rack.
                          Thank you both for the answers!
                          I think i'm in that situation, i don't seem to find the side rack anywhere....
                          I thought about buying side racks from Krauser or Hepco & Becker but they are a little expensive and i think they're only compaitble with thier own cases...
                          Another solution is the wingrack, but i don't know if it will ruin the looks of the bike when i'm not using the side cases.

What kind of saddle bags did you get??

Comment

I bought Firstgear "Onyx Saddlebags" $117 from motorcycle-superstore.com. These bags are expandable and have lots of room. I think they look great on the bike.

Comment

Working...
                            X