X

sanded

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanded

Got almost 3 out of 5 fairings done today. Ran out of sand paper after the 3rd and went to the store then had a hockey game so i couldnt finish them. Going to finish them tomorrow and bring them down to the painter guy to see if he can give me any advice on what to do next.

excited for it to be warm enough to paint come spring!
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

That looks to be a great start. Just remeber that all the preperation is the key to a good paint job.
    WETSAND WETSAND WETSAND and then wetsnad somemore!!! WIth like 1500. Get it to feel like a piece of glass.
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yea thats the hard part. EXTREMELY HARD to wetsand when it is 20 degrees out! I have been using hot water and i have only been able to do it for like an hour at a time cause my hands freeze after it go inside warm up.

Comment

quick question on when to wetsand...

wetsand before primer, with primer and after clear

or

before primer and after primer only

or

before primer only?

or

i am completly wrong and need to be smacked...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
          yea thats the hard part. EXTREMELY HARD to wetsand when it is 20 degrees out! I have been using hot water and i have only been able to do it for like an hour at a time cause my hands freeze after it go inside warm up.
          That sucks man. Do you not have anywhere to do it indoors??? I have wetsanded in my dining room floor before, cause it was too cold in the garage. My dining room floor is lanolium (spelling?) so it was fairly easy to clean up!!!
          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 93kat750
            quick question on when to wetsand...

wetsand before primer, with primer and after clear

or

before primer and after primer only

or

before primer only?

or

i am completly wrong and need to be smacked...
            Well they are fair questions, but : I like to use this one so your getting slapped...lol
            To answer you question. You always want to wetsand before primer, and after primer. Now after that depends. You can spray your basecoats and then your clear, and then you definately wanna wetsand, to get rid of the dreaded "orange peel" look. But if your not putting on a clear, (ala flat) just wetsand before primer, after primer and then spray your coats of topcoats. IF you prepared well, Wetsanded really really good before and after primer, the topcoat will be smooth, IF the sray goes on smooth...

Lots of IF's.....Hope I helped

Comment

im going to see if the rents will let me do it in our basement dont have a home of my own or else i would do it in the kitchin (16y/o) and even down there it's pretty nippy. But gotta pay the price for it to look niceeee.

Comment

ah but watch this is why you ask someoen who is a body man has a degree in body work ..... personally id ask mojo he knows his stuff with body work I just graduated from wyotech from and you DRY sand b4 primer. then you DONT sand self etching primer. you sand WET sand the primer DONT SAND the primer sealer. DONT SAND color coats unless your going redo the whole color again. if you want pm me ill be more then happy to actually explain this in more detail but i know i only worked at a body shop for 3 months but i have a degree in it which isnt anything as close to years of experience but i know whats suppose to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
                  bathtub aka wetsanding booth

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                    ah but watch this is why you ask someoen who is a body man has a degree in body work ..... personally id ask mojo he knows his stuff with body work I just graduated from wyotech from and you DRY sand b4 primer. then you DONT sand self etching primer. you sand WET sand the primer DONT SAND the primer sealer. DONT SAND color coats unless your going redo the whole color again. if you want pm me ill be more then happy to actually explain this in more detail but i know i only worked at a body shop for 3 months but i have a degree in it which isnt anything as close to years of experience but i know whats suppose to happen.
                    Sorry

Comment

smirnoff and hockey

love the picture... smirnoff and hockey- always a great combo

Comment

Waltari THAT IS A GREAT idea i had never thought of that! Im goin to go do it right now since i just got home from school and i have some time before work. Thanks, and yes hockey and smirnoff is a good combo.

Comment

oh and make sure anything that is glossy is skuffed

Comment

everything was glossy on it lol, didnt get the tank off last weekend, nor the front fender so that became this weekends project

Comment

Working...
                            X