X

Help with a kat part

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a kat part

Ita small electrical part by the starter solonoid three straight pins on Mircro fishe # 9 & #36610-19c50 what does this little thing do?

What year, what model, can you post the fiche?

EDIT: Pre-98, discontinued part, god-aweful expensive at $244. That means it's probably the thermister for the California model to control the fans.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Last edited by The CyberPoet; 04-02-2008, 12:57 AM.
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

$229?!?! for the 88..
      Jeez, throw it a away.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        $229?!?! for the 88..
        Jeez, throw it a away.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

small electrical part

This is on a 1990 katama 600. Its very small about a half in square with three straight pins that plug into a small socket it tucked up above the starter solonide. Just wondering how important it is? do you need it for the bike to run?

Comment

Have you tried starting the bike to check if it'll do it without it? Just a thought...
            Personally, I don't have an answer for you.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What color are the wires?
              Red/ Red / Red. Means it is the main circuit breaker. It has three wires but only two are used.

Blue/ Blue-Black/Green. Means it is the side stand "diode". It is a little logic unit that works the neutral/side stand/clutch interlock..

Those are the only things I can think of. But I do not have the Californian wiring diagram. Is it a Cali bike?

EDIT:
              #9 on the fiche.. Breaker assembly.. $15.. PN 36750-05A00

1-X is the full harness (hence the huge price) and the X is the rev number. Sorry I missed that.
              Last edited by Black_peter; 04-02-2008, 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks That must be It. Ive been going over all the connectors with contact cleaner and di-electric grease. To try to make sure this old Kat will run for a bit longer.

Comment

Working...
                X