X

Hello all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

I gotta say I live this site very helpful people here I have a 2002 kat with the 600 idk were to post so I will here I'm having problems with when engine is warm when I take off I have too have throttle up to high rpms for it to go if at low rpms it sputters then will gas its like a fuel problem bitbi replaced spark plugs checked fuel filter not sure bout the idle speed cause it fluctuates I also noticed my air cleaner was lil burnt hope someone can help so I can get on road thanks all

Welcome aboard.
    Pro tip: punctuation helps. More people will help if they can more easily understand what you're saying. Kats are old bikes, most of us are older too.

I think you said that when the engine warms up, it bogs down at low rpms, but at higher rpms it's ok?
    That likely means you're running rich, could be a couple reasons for that.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

[QUOTE=shpielers;2380238]Welcome aboard.
      Pro tip: punctuation helps. More people will help if they can more easily understand what you're saying. Kats are old bikes, most of us are older too.

I think you said that when the engine warms up, it bogs down at low rpms, but at higher rpms it's ok?
      That likely means you're running rich, could be a couple reasons for that.[/QUOT
      Could a aftermarket exhaust do it

When engine is warm and I take off it boggs like not getting any fuel I have to hold accelerater halfway down to get it to go. Like a sputtering then it will finally go it idles just fine but when I take off it will bogg
      Last edited by Myers2002; 08-13-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Myers2002;2380243]
        Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        Welcome aboard.

That likely means you're running rich, could be a couple reasons for that.[/QUOT

When engine is warm and I take off it boggs like not getting any fuel I have to hold accelerater halfway down to get it to go. Like a sputtering then it will finally go it idles just fine but when I take off it will bogg
        Probably have fuel in the oil. I'd check for that first.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

[QUOTE=Kreylyn;2380248]
          Originally posted by Myers2002 View Post

Probably have fuel in the oil. I'd check for that first.

Krey
          I just didnoil change but how would I check also do we have a fuel filter on it

Comment

[QUOTE=Myers2002;2380249]
            Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

I just didnoil change but how would I check also do we have a fuel filter on it

Could a aftermarket exhaust do this

Comment

[QUOTE=Myers2002;2380252]

Could a aftermarket exhaust do this

Anyone out there

Comment

Aftermarket exhaust: no.
                That would make you lean, not rich.

What you just described with the throttle, that's definitely pointing to it being rich.

Yes it has an oil filter, up front under the headers.

To check for fuel in the oil, take off the oil filler cap and sniff. Smell like gas? Problem with a couple different possible causes.
                Doesn't smell like gas? Cool, that helps narrow down other possible causes that would make it run rich.
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Ah, hell.... do I have to say it?? How does it idle? If you throttle up while going does the Roma climb but, the speed lags? Fuel filter is visible on the left side near the petcock. Check your sync caps and vac hose(s) for cracks. If all checks out you may have to clean those carbs.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

[QUOTE=92xjunker;2380264]Ah, hell.... do I have to say it?? How does it idle? If you throttle up while going does the Roma climb but, the speed lags? Fuel filter is visible on the left side near the petcock. Check your sync caps and vac hose(s) for cracks. If all checks out you may have to clean those carbs.[/QUOT

It idles fine I noticed the friction zone non clutch is all the way at the end it don't grab til its like fully released could that do it

Comment

Absolutely. The highest drag is on start off from a dead start. Time for a clutch adjustment at the least. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64698
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                        Absolutely. The highest drag is on start off from a dead start. Time for a clutch adjustment at the least. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64698

Thank you very much I will try when I get home thanks for the instructions and reply I will let u know

Comment

Thank you very much I will try when I get home thanks for the instructions and reply I will let u know
                          Oh one more things I hope the adjustment help but idk if I'm explaining problem correctly if at a dead stop I take off it put put then it takes off its kind of likebifbu start out in second how it just putts I hope that helps a lil more

Comment

Clutch slippage does replicate a second gear take off.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                              Clutch slippage does replicate a second gear take off.
                              OK my fuel filter is just bouncing around in case is it suppose to do that

Comment

Working...
                              X