X

Exhaust Questions?!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Questions?!!!

Would a set of headers for 98+ fit on a 1990? i know plastics changed but didnt anything else like exhaust?

Gotta change the oil pan, and pickup, I believe. Otherwise, yes.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Scouts correct.

You need to swap your oil pan and oil pickup for the post kat one. Then you can fit the header and any slip on you want

Comment

Looks like they attach to the header the same way the mid pipe would attach to the header
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

The flanges (bottom photo) bolt onto the head and the header is held on with springs. The hooks on the header pipes are where the springs grab. Looks like a Vance & Hines header. Might want to contact the seller and see if the springs are included.

The mid-pipe attaches the same way. You can either pick up a V&H mid-pipe and can or use a clamp.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            The flanges (bottom photo) bolt onto the head and the header is held on with springs. The hooks on the header pipes are where the springs grab. Looks like a Vance & Hines header. Might want to contact the seller and see if the springs are included.

The mid-pipe attaches the same way. You can either pick up a V&H mid-pipe and can or use a clamp.
            Thank you!, thats been having me thinking for days now

Comment

V&H spring kits are pretty cheap fyi...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                V&H spring kits are pretty cheap fyi...

Krey
                i wouldnt of expected springs to be expensive if i needed to buy them lol

Comment

Originally posted by 609njkatana View Post
                  i wouldnt of expected springs to be expensive if i needed to buy them lol

Oh, yeah, I agree... one would think so, but... Well, the post was more to specify 1. there are full kits from V&H to make it easy and specific for the V&H systems, and 2. not a huge cost.

The cost part I agree... one would not think normally a part like that would not be very expensive, but then every time I price a single part like that from OEM purchase... I get mad. $7.47 + shipping for a single well nut? Really?

So, in relative terms... you can get the full V&H spring kit (with like 8-10 springs) alot cheaper than buying like 2 OEM springs for something like the kickstand or center stand.

Also, in a relative sense, they are pretty cheap when trying to souce an alternative. As another way to look at it... it was cheaper to buy the kit shipped to me than it was to drive to a local hardware store and buy similar springs locally. This is normally the exact opposite when dealing with OEM hardware. (That same wellnut mentioned above X4 with new stainless screws included was $3.89 locally.)

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Oh, yeah, I agree... one would think so, but... Well, the post was more to specify 1. there are full kits from V&H to make it easy and specific for the V&H systems, and 2. not a huge cost.

The cost part I agree... one would not think normally a part like that would not be very expensive, but then every time I price a single part like that from OEM purchase... I get mad. $7.47 + shipping for a single well nut? Really?

So, in relative terms... you can get the full V&H spring kit (with like 8-10 springs) alot cheaper than buying like 2 OEM springs for something like the kickstand or center stand.

Also, in a relative sense, they are pretty cheap when trying to souce an alternative. As another way to look at it... it was cheaper to buy the kit shipped to me than it was to drive to a local hardware store and buy similar springs locally. This is normally the exact opposite when dealing with OEM hardware. (That same wellnut mentioned above X4 with new stainless screws included was $3.89 locally.)

Krey
                    Lol OEM parts are expensive, i need to figure out my fairing bolts casue the kid gave me a box of randomness and im like okayyy i'm probably gonna need to get new bolts, i just dont wanna spend $30/40 on a bolt kit

Comment

I hate to say it but the time its going to take you sorting bolts
                      and finding rubbers and washers not to mention the
                      cost replacing individual ones you are better off spending
                      the $40 for a kit and having everything right there with
                      instructions on where they go

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                        I hate to say it but the time its going to take you sorting bolts
                        and finding rubbers and washers not to mention the
                        cost replacing individual ones you are better off spending
                        the $40 for a kit and having everything right there with
                        instructions on where they go
                        next pay check it is then lol

Comment

Working...
                        X