Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

RK Chain/Vortex Sprockets Set-up Warranty Info.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RK Chain/Vortex Sprockets Set-up Warranty Info.

I did a search on this but couldn't quite find my answer. I bought the RK/Vortex set-up from bikebandit a couple of years ago, and realize there is a 20,000mile warranty on both the sprockets and the chain. I installed both sprockets and chain at 19,500miles on my bike and I now have 31,000miles. My chain has stretched to the point that I cannot adjust the rear wheel any further back. I did the rear sprocket chain pull and I believe its definitely time for a new chain.

I unfortunately didn't keep the packaging that the kit came in, so I don't have any of the warranty information. Does anyone have access to the warranty information and conditions? All I really have is the service slip from when I got the kit installed with mileage showing 19,500 miles. Please share the terms and conditions of the warranty and how to send it in. Thanks,

Todd
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

did you install the chain or did a shop do it? Do you have a work order?

Comment

Plus , since it's used , they'd only give you a little back , PROBABLY on your next set . Better than NOTHING if you can prove a "qualified personnel" installed it ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Someone else checked into this recently and said that RK's policy was you had to have a work order for the install, plus another one with a mechanic's note saying the chain was in need of replacement (and the second work order needed to be marked as odo reading under 20k miles from the first one).

Someone might be able to fudge up the paperwork for you if you ask around nicely (good enough to get the replacement chain for free) -- but the truth is that if you mangled your chain in under 12k miles on a '99 Kat without a swapped engine, it means you haven't been lubing it as you should (period) and the seals got ruined.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hmmmm i might have to try the ti chain and sprockets on the busa and see how well they hold up the prices are good if the chains are worth a crap
          I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

I've run them on a couple Kats now and as long as they are maint'd correctly, I get about 30k miles out of them before they're due for a change. No promises about how that would hold up to the Busa, but my guess is the Busa package will come with the correct chain application for the bike.
            Did quick check at BikeBandit, and indeed, the RK/Vortex combo for the Busa comes with the appropriate rated 530GXW chain for the Busa.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              I've run them on a couple Kats now and as long as they are maint'd correctly, I get about 30k miles out of them before they're due for a change. No promises about how that would hold up to the Busa, but my guess is the Busa package will come with the correct chain application for the bike.
              Did quick check at BikeBandit, and indeed, the RK/Vortex combo for the Busa comes with the appropriate rated 530GXW chain for the Busa.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              i refuse to use vortex products there cheaply made Taiwan garbage seem as of late lots of there sprocket are rounding off there rear sets for track use are a joke and getting replacement parts is like self wisdom tooth extraction just personal exp
              I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                did you install the chain or did a shop do it? Do you have a work order?
                I had a shop perform the install, and yes, I have the work order from the installation.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Someone might be able to fudge up the paperwork for you if you ask around nicely (good enough to get the replacement chain for free) -- but the truth is that if you mangled your chain in under 12k miles on a '99 Kat without a swapped engine, it means you haven't been lubing it as you should (period) and the seals got ruined.
                I am definitely thinking that the chain is spent because I didn't maintain it properly. It was only in the last 5,000 miles really that I began to lube and maintain it. Ignorance got the better of me and I neglected care and maintenance at the first stages. My question then, is if this would void the warranty? There isn't really any way for them to determine if proper care was taken is there? Do you have to send in the old chain to claim the warranty?

Comment

I think it has to be maintained for the warranty to be used, but I don't know. Take the work order you have, have a mechanic look at it and give you a work order saying you need a new one. As long as the odo reading are under 20K it might work.

Comment

My guess is that they will simply eat it if you have all the paperwork in order...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Alright, I suppose I will try to get my free chain with a second work order stating it needs replaced. The only thing I need know, is where I send the warranty info/work orders. Anyone know? Thanks,

Todd

Comment

the RK warranty dept I would imagine

Comment

Originally posted by crazyaussie
                          The only thing I need know, is where I send the warranty info/work orders.
                          I'm sure RK has a "contact us" link on their site . I'd start there , and make the subject "warranty info" .
                          And yeah , his chain is DONE . I saw quite a bit of the red stuff that had gotten by the o-rings when he was down here a few weeks ago . Not pretty .

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            I saw quite a bit of the red stuff that had gotten by the o-rings when he was down here a few weeks ago . Not pretty .
                            Did you slather him up with grease & lubes in the interim to keep the chain from wrapping his sprockets if it splits?

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I told him to "oil the hell out of it until you get a new one" . He ain't dead , so I guess it's working ....

Comment

Working...
                              X