X

Engines...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engines...

I know there are several engines that fit into the katana frame and bolt right in but exactly how hard would it be to drop a gsxr 750, 1000, or even 1300 into our beloved kats. The only reason i really suggest it is bc the b12 is so hard to find as is the old 1127 and i know i woud get more power from a newer gsxr motor. I understand that i would need to mess with computers and stuff for the fuel injection but as far as it fitting into the frame how much altering would i need to do?

A LOT. Probably to the point where it would be cheaper to buy a used gsxr almost.

Don't get me wrong, with time money, and the right person working on it, it can be done.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

The water cooled GSXR's are used as a stressed member in the GSXR chassis, so that's your biggest problem right there. Then there's everything else that dont / wont swap (radiator, EFI/carbs are downdraft, etc).

Haven't seen one done to date - and I don't think I will be holding me breath in anticipation....

Comment

So I have a question, what motors would have the same motor mounts as my 93 katana 600 does?? How hard would it be to get a bandit 1200 be to mount in it??

Comment

Originally posted by The used 51 View Post
          So I have a question, what motors would have the same motor mounts as my 93 katana 600 does?? How hard would it be to get a bandit 1200 be to mount in it??
          look in the how to section and your questions shall be answered
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I did it, its not that hard.
            This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Would this be the case with the GSX1400 engine as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
                Would this be the case with the GSX1400 engine as well?

what is a GSX1400?
                if you mean the busa its a GSX1300R -1340cc

ha just looked it up, very sweet, close to the same look Im tryin to get on my kat... just never seen that bike before
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Where are you located? Becase I dont think they ever imported those to the US. But I could be wrong. I dont know the difference between the 1400 and the B12 but they make the same amount of power so I dont see any added benefit to install the 1400.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                    Where are you located? Becase I dont think they ever imported those to the US. But I could be wrong. I dont know the difference between the 1400 and the B12 but they make the same amount of power so I dont see any added benefit to install the 1400.
                    Torque? And the later years came with EFI.

Comment

Working...
                    X