Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Winter's coming, getting bikes all bedded down.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t feel bad about not living in socal, it too is bad.
    I lived there for 27 years and every time I go back, it gets worse .
    1) lots of traffic. Yes, you can lane split but that really can be nerve racking .
    2) lack of good roads. Like the mountains ? Good luck on that. Plus roads are in poor condition.
    3) lots of bad drivers/ uninsured . I won’t get political here.
    4) high rate of theft
    5) high insurance rates
    Too many f-ing people!

If I didn’t live where I am, I guess my second choice would be some place in the south.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
      Don’t feel bad about not living in socal, it too is bad.
      I lived there for 27 years and every time I go back, it gets worse .
      1) lots of traffic. Yes, you can lane split but that really can be nerve racking .
      2) lack of good roads. Like the mountains ? Good luck on that. Plus roads are in poor condition.
      3) lots of bad drivers/ uninsured . I won’t get political here.
      4) high rate of theft
      5) high insurance rates
      Too many f-ing people!

If I didn’t live where I am, I guess my second choice would be some place in the south.
      Agree with most of that but the roads aren't that bad plus the motorcycle scene is very healthy....my business is here so I'm stuck..... I do have a house in Hawaii. Nice but it just rains too much.

Joe I hear New Mexico is nice....
      Last edited by sixdog; 11-06-2018, 08:04 PM.
      79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

I did a trip once to New Mexico and liked it. Don’t know if I’d want to live there but it was a nice ride. I spent time in Truth or Consequences in a cool renovated
        Motel room that was maybe $120 a night, had bath tub which you could fill with
        hot springs water!
        Even better, I could watch tv ( had hbo) while soaking in naturally hot hot spring water .
        I also went tubing down the rio grande. The people are much friendlier there than the socal peeps too.
        I’ll probably pass through there again next summer.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, maybe I'll just sell all the bikes and stay here....

I do go out and sit on them during the winter months... that's something, right?
          GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
            Thanks for all the suggestions, maybe I'll just sell all the bikes and stay here....

I do go out and sit on them during the winter months... that's something, right?
            Absolutely NOT Joe!!!!! Please don't be one of those guys that say "wife forces sale" or "wife says too many bikes" then totally regrets it later....

Yea I know that will never happen.......but if it does I'm flying over to pick up that Wes Cooley and the 82 1100!!!!!!

79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
              Absolutely NOT Joe!!!!! Please don't be one of those guys that say "wife forces sale" or "wife says too many bikes" then totally regrets it later....

Yea I know that will never happen.......but if it does I'm flying over to pick up that Wes Cooley and the 82 1100!!!!!!

That's not going to happen, my wife loves the bikes, almost, as much as I do... She does think that I have too many, but she's driving to Canada this weekend with me to pick up another. She is so the girl for me...

The whole issue is, the older I get, the more I hate winter.

But... if I ever do start selling and if none of my three sons want them, you'll be the first I call, Mario.

Comment

You can't have a harem of women, so I guess the next best thing is a harem of motorcycles- which do you want to ride today?

Comment

I know I'm blessed. .I'm in the south and my wife talked me into getting all my toys...that's her on the kat

Comment

Originally posted by Parts man View Post
                    I know I'm blessed. .I'm in the south and my wife talked me into getting all my toys...that's her on the kat
                    I'd have to agree with that.

You can't have a harem of women, so I guess the next best thing is a harem of motorcycles- which do you want to ride today?
                    Yeah, I never looked at it that way.
                    Last edited by Suzuki_dog; 11-07-2018, 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Women are FAR more expensive an require FAR more maintenance!!!!!!

* The views and opinions expressed blah blah blah....

Comment

Women are like bikes- when they get old, they get noisier and tend to leak.

Comment

Women are FAR more expensive an require FAR more maintenance!!!!!!

* The views and opinions expressed blah blah blah....

Women are like bikes- when they get old, they get noisier and tend to leak.
                          You guys are killing me...
                          Last edited by Suzuki_dog; 11-08-2018, 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
                            You guys are killing me...
                            With that said Joe it reminds me of the question....

why do husbands usually die first?

Because they want to!!!!!!

Comment

With that said Joe it reminds me of the question....

why do husbands usually die first?

Because they want to!!!!!!
                              That's actually a running joke between my wife and I regarding her mother/aunts... all the husbands, except one, have died, most at an early age... my view is that all of the women killed them with their "quirky" personalities.

She tends to agree.

Comment

This has been a great thread so far! Great bikes, great jokes. I myself am continually thinking about moving. Colorado has been on that list more often than not. They have tracks out there, mountain roads, areas for adventure riding, skiing in the winter, and people there are nice like in the midwest.

Comment

Working...
                                X