X

Katana in a Minivan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana in a Minivan?

Has Anyone ever tried to put a Katana in a minivan? I have a full sized Windstar...and if I take the seats out its pretty large inside. Plus where the seats were are latches where I can attach the motorcycle ties. Since I do not have a pick up and the towing rates around here are outrageous...I thought I might try this!
    Always keep your head up

Matt

Re: Katana in a Minivan?

Originally posted by Hitman
    Has Anyone ever tried to put a Katana in a minivan? I have a full sized Windstar...and if I take the seats out its pretty large inside. Plus where the seats were are latches where I can attach the motorcycle ties. Since I do not have a pick up and the towing rates around here are outrageous...I thought I might try this!
    You should be ok! One thing to remember is that you have to take your windscreen off the bike, otherwise you wont be able to get it in without breaking it. Also, use the sidestand when to tie it up. How far are you planning on driving?
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I remember a guy who showed-up to a rally with his 98+ Kat600 in the back of an old-skool Caravan. Like 34 said, you'll need to remove the windscreen.
      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Center stand might not work. Worth a shot but it may make the bike too tall.

Comment

Isn't there a pic floating around here of that...

Comment

The lovely guy that stayed beside us at the Gap put his bike in a mini van. (what the heck was his screen name? I'm losing my memory.
            Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

well...gonna be going about 4.5 hours to NC

That is if I do not take it to a dealer (local...but charged up the arrse for the services...)
              Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

Centerstands??? You can try! but I doubt that you can do this! you won't have any leverage to lift the bike to get it on the centerstands.(worth the try tho IMHO)

NC? Dont forget to stop by Keith's (Special$K$) place (I know I would if i'm in the area) it's your chance to meet him and maybe you'll find something you need at his place! Good luck and tell Keith I'll see him before the Rally!
                PAUL
                93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Can you take a picture when you get her in?
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

something to remember is your gonna need (if it fits) a very gradual ramp to get it in and out of the van. Otherwise your gonna tear out your head liner.

What year is the bike and the van? I have a 600 katana and a 99 windstar. I can go out an measure the bike and the van door openings to see if it will fit.
                    Kyle

Comment

Yeah i'd be interested in knowing it.. my brother has a windstar, so if it will fit, it'd be nice to know for future reference.

Comment

Ok, I have moved a 98 Katana 600 in the back of a Ford Windstar van from Chicago to Minneapolis. It is dooable, and you do not need to take the windscreen off.

You will load it in the side door (We loaded it in on the passanger side slide door) and just keep working it back and forth to get it in the mini-van. The front of the Kat will face the back. We used plywood to get it in, and atv ramps to get it out. Once in there, we put down the kickstand, set it on there, and strapped it down with tie straps, yes, the latches for the seats can be used as a area to strap it down. I am sorry I do not have pics, I ment to take them, but it was raining thw hole trip, and we just wanted to get it there and back.

Also, when taking it out, it will come out the side door again, and like I said, just have to keep working it back and forth to get it at the right angle to load and unload. We did not have a issue with the roof fabric tearing, or even about to tear. If you feel that your bike has to much height to it, let some air our of the tires.

Easy and secure way to transport the bike!

Good Luck!
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Batgirl...it is Tzortn...and that was not an "ordinary"minivan

Prozac put his old Kat in his minivan too

Comment

"ordinary"minivan
                            I think he rented it. It looked normal to me...but then again...so do you
                            Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl
                              "ordinary"minivan
                              I think he rented it. It looked normal to me...but then again...so do you
                              OMG you have no memory...it had the big thing on the dash...and his former name was 600newbie...it was his friends...he worked for Chrysler, it was a test vehicle...had a stickshift!

Comment

Working...
                              X