No announcement yet.
X

Letting a rider know about a cop ahead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i usually flash my lights a couple times...or just give the universal 'slow down' signal...
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
      Table, they arrested the Joker in your area????

I think it was just another FL prostitution ring busted.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

never seen the helmet tap from a rider, just the passenger. but in that circumstance its the same as the 2 finger wave to other riders.

Ive never had to signal other riders but i have had cages signal me(must of been a rider at some point)

i use the lights and slo down signal. but i would give a cop so much **** if he stopped me because i warned other riders.

Comment

Anybody know about Florida... Im a new rider and would really like to know the tips and what to look out for...

thanks
          Only bikers know why a dog sticks his head out of a car window...

Comment

I know in Hawaii & Cali the helmet tap is the warning for cops. Maybe it's a West Coast thing. I know if someone flashes their lights at me my first thought is to check if my high beams are on. Ray.

Originally posted by BUCKJFLOWERS View Post
            I REF roller derby up in garden grove
            Where the heck in G.G. do they have roller derby? I would like to go see! Ray.
            Last edited by suzukiray; 04-24-2009, 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

They have roller derby everywhere my and my wife started the DC rollergirls and skate for orange county right now just google roller derby leauges and find one near you

Comment

we helmet tap here in seattle, but i first saw it on superbikes about a year ago, thats where i picked it up from
                thoughts create things

Comment

helmet tap works here
                  pveity = 100%

Comment

Yeah, all the squids around here do it too. I don't warn anybody, you should either be looking out for cops yourself, not be doing something that makes you worry about cops, or...nevermind...you get the point.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Just got warned on my ride today by a cager, flashed lights... Moments before I passed the ranger on the parkway at 3 miles under the limit...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

We have no need for cops anymore in Az, there are traffic cameras all over the highways and at most major intersections!

But, I use the slow dowm signal with hand flattened. Im from Ohio tho.

Comment

Working...
                        X