No announcement yet.
X

my transformation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok well i got a 47 tooth black rear sprocket bein custom made tomaro. front sprocket will be here monday. goin to a 520 chain,, if any one wants the websight for a custom rear sprocket lemme know great pricing too,,
    Last edited by nealy212; 01-13-2010, 06:32 PM.
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

ok well i just weant and picked up my sprocket,, for a 520 black 47 tooth it was 72.48, thats a custom orderd part that they make onsight,, like i just orderd it yesterday afternoon and picked it up in 24 hours. there websight it pmp sprockets.com, you can call and make an order or i think you can order online too. really great people. and good quality.
      Attached Files
      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

well today was a pretty eventful day, so eventful it took us 7 hours to change the chain and sprokets, one problem after the other. honestly dont know how i was still riding with the front sprocket as bad as it was. the worst part was the i was missing 4 teeth on the front. i swapped it too 520. i like it and i think it will hold up. the bike seems alot smoother no where near the vibrations and noise. will get pics tomaro of all the new stuff on the bike and the old sprockets
        www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by AMDemon
          looks mean.

thanks bro!!
          www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

ok i just had an epephany,, im wondering if the reason im getting so much popping on decell is bc of the extra fuel it is sucking down in carb 4 through the vaccum line bc of the petcock being a lil messed up, i got my new rebuild kit in today so we will see i guess.
            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
              ok i just had an epephany,, im wondering if the reason im getting so much popping on decell is bc of the extra fuel it is sucking down in carb 4 through the vaccum line bc of the petcock being a lil messed up, i got my new rebuild kit in today so we will see i guess.
              The popping is from the aftermarket exhaust. No big deal.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

actually it cut some of the popping out and now it seems like its running stronger than beforre with fuel getting in the vaccum, maybe its just me but i think it is better now haha.
                www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

It will look great once the mid-pipe is on. You should really give your license plate a good wipe off.

Comment

Originally posted by ajsnow6234 View Post
                    It will look great once the mid-pipe is on. You should really give your license plate a good wipe off.

ive got the new midpipe on now,,just need to paint it,, and the old dirty tag isnt on it anymore that was an old one haha,, it was from 06, its been that long since its been registered, it sat up for years before i got it. i just got it registered last week haha,, im tryen to get some updated pics just keep missn my chance haha
                    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

ok here are the pics of the midpipe, still need to paint it,, the new sprocket, and the cut down windscreen i did with a hacksaw and a file
                      Attached Files
                      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

looks good
                        1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

What was the overall cost to do the midpipe? Did you just go to a automotive exhaust shop or a specialty place? Thanks, want to do a high mount on my bike as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottysags View Post
                            What was the overall cost to do the midpipe? Did you just go to a automotive exhaust shop or a specialty place? Thanks, want to do a high mount on my bike as well.
                            i just weant to a local exhaust shop,, it cost me about 40 bucks. some places wanted closer to a 100 though.
                            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

I may have to re-think my custom mid-pipe I made. I like the higher mount you did. Looks great. I haven't high temp powder coated mine yet so there's
                              still time.
                              Richard
                              Attached Files
                              96 Suzuki GSX750F
                              89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                              05 Yamaha WR450F
                              05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ep87 View Post
                                I may have to re-think my custom mid-pipe I made. I like the higher mount you did. Looks great. I haven't high temp powder coated mine yet so there's
                                still time.
                                Richard
                                the only thing about the high mount is gettting around the stock can/pass peg mounts. i dont ride 2 up so i just cut the whole thing off on both sides,, i figure if i have to i can get some from another bike and bolt them on in another position maybe.
                                www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Working...
                                X