X

my transformation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my transformation

Ok well you probably have all seen me on here at some point or another,,ive been waiting on the new year to really start on my 94 600 katana, there is not alot of hands on mods but will be some. A big majority of the mods will be from guys in the kr family, so i would like to share with everyone. I will also be covering on a how to for shim valve adjustments and i only hope it will be good enough for a sticky to make it easier for a first timer. As i have found that it just sounds intimidating untill you see it step for step with plenty of visuals. ok ok,, so now that you know this is the lists.

MAINTENANCE
    valve adjustments
    cam chain tensioner spring-----back orderd
    oil change----done
    spark plugs
    petcock rebuild-----done
    brake fluid flush------done

UPGRADES
    520 oring chain and sproket kit 14f and 47r-------done
    new rubber
    timing advancer------done
    factory pro jet kit------done
    steel braded lines
    added zx-10 rear peg brackets

MODS
    widend and extended 6 inch swinger
    92 gsxr rear wheel
    r6 rear shock
    mirrors still to be deturmined but will be black--------done
    custom built header with a high mount exhaust---------done
    cutting off the factory exhaust/rear peg mounts,--------done
    mesh mod
    modded smoked windscreen kinda curved back more for a more sporty look
    high rear seat cowl without the pad and the back of the front seat took down a lil bit.
    all new plastic
    blinkers mounted where the small vent is on the front fairings
    digital guage cluster
    carbon fiber bar ends
    carbon fiber brake and clutch levers------done
    ok now as far as paint, two colors, black and darker tone red.
    for the paint it is gonna be all satin black with kawi green wheels.

well i think that is about it for now,, if i think of somthing else i will add it.
    Last edited by nealy212; 02-09-2010, 10:10 PM.
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

please do not extend the swingarm...
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

pics...pics...pics.....definately want to see the progress, I am hoping to do a bike build this summer, so I will be payin close attention to this, looking forward

Comment

Originally posted by overboost07 View Post
        please do not extend the swingarm...
        haha y dont you want me to extend it,, its only 6 inches,, this bike is pretty much just gonna be my how to be different bike lol...just simply cruising around,, after i finish this build im gonna find a tl1000r for my more sporting needs. lol
        www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

if your using the post98 gauges make sure you use the post front sprocket and post98 speed sensor possibly even a speedo healer. you could pick up a pre 750 swinger its an inch and half longer so you could say you have a 1in 1/2 extender swinger i guess
          Last edited by mreedohio; 12-29-2009, 11:39 PM.
          Chrome Project Part 1
          http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
            haha y dont you want me to extend it,, its only 6 inches,, this bike is pretty much just gonna be my how to be different bike lol...just simply cruising around,, after i finish this build im gonna find a tl1000r for my more sporting needs. lol
            i just think it ruins the way a kat looks, i think you should keep the green and put the shark mouth graphics on the front of it on the front of it
            sigpic
            -Cory-
            1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
              if your using the post98 gauges make sure you use the post front sprocket and post98 speed sensor possibly even a speedo healer

yeah thats one thing that i was still curious about,, also one of your seat cowls is on my list
              www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Must say,
                That 1930's USAAF fighter look is a killer, really very nice.
                Congrats!
                ...but please, no swingarm extending...
                Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                I am fond of my rough edges.
                sigpic

Comment

im doing the exhaust tomaro. just got to go get the clamp, then go to the exhaust shop so me and the guy can fab up a mid pip.
                  www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

ok,, i got into the the exhaust mod today. first i got rid of those bars with the hooks under the tail, mounted som flat bar usuing the same bolt spot for the tie down bars. was gonna have a midpipe fitted today but all the exhaust shops are closed until monday. uughh! somtimes i hate holidays. well y i was at it i cut off the old brackets for the exhaust/pass foot pegs. stood back and looked at what i had done and i just could wait to see the empty can just hangin there, so i weant to oriellys and bought a peice of flex pipe/ for exhaust and a couple of clamps. got back fit it in and i loved the way the can looked mounted up high. so monday i will be going to the local shop to have my mid pipe made for like 15 bucks, and i also weant ahead and changed my oil. i took pics of the process but i didnt have my sd card in my camera and i dont have the usb cord to get the pics of the camera. but here are some pics after i finished and took it for a spin.
                    Attached Files
                    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Very nice. High mounts give me a chubby.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Very nice. High mounts give me a chubby.
                        haha i hear yah,, i love it alot better with the look it has now.
                        www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
                          haha i hear yah,, i love it alot better with the look it has now.
                          Just be prepared to get used to the bike a little bit again. I know with mine I can feel the weight riding higher when I turn. The back of my right heel also rubs on the midpipe so I've had to adjust my foot position. Not really a problem, just expect to do it, especially if you wear riding boots...
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah i noticed that whe i took it for a spin after i got it done.. and the tail vibrates a lil more. yeah my feet are huge so i have to watch my footing
                            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

looks good. i love that d&d.

im going to SF mod mine so i will be making a thread soon.
                              " Chaos was the law of nature, Order was the dream of man "

my bike
                              95 pre-kat 750

Comment

Working...
                              X