X

Throttle cable questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle cable questions

So i took out my carbs to adjust the pilot screws, got scared, and put it all back together just as it was when i took it out. Now it idles fine, but when i blip the throttle, the rpms don't fall anywhere close to as fast as i think they should. I can blip it to like, 5000 rpms, and then close the throttle, and the rpms will hold for something like, a half second to a second, and then they will drop, but slower than before. Is this my throttle cable? I think the return cable was a little loose when i put it back together, but i messed with it for a while and nothing seemed to tighten it. If it is my throttle cable, how do i tighten it?
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

sounds like the pilot screws..
    Sure you didn't move them?

At this point loosen the throttle cabel and see if it helps.

Post 98? I'm not sure about.. Pre 98 had an adjuster by
    the grip..

Comment

Could also be a vacuum leak. Make sure the boots that go from the carbs to the engine are on all the way.

/kiba
      find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

I'm sure the pilots are fine, they are still covered by the brass plugs. i'll try loosening the throttle and see if that helps
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Throttle cables overly tight or binding.
          When set right, in a quiet setting, releasing the throttle (bike off) you should hear a distinctive click as the butterflies snap closed. I use that sound to set the cable tension myself -- I keep loosening until I hear it, tighten until it disappears, then loosen again until it just reappears.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X