X

trailers and such

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailers and such

I have a 1990 750 Kat, and am planning another road trip, this one for work. I am considering a small cargo trailer, and am interested in some feedback from anyone who has considered pulling a trailer with a Kat or similar type bike..braking issues? stability? proper tongue weight? total trailer (loaded) safe weight?

I am a fair fabricator, and can easily make a hitch bracket, anyone been this route, or considered this?
    The trailers I am considering are all quite small, one is homemade
    http://www.intergate.com/~brianb/bike/MotorcycleCargoTrailer.htm

one is a mod

Thanks in advance for all the great replies I am sure will follow..

guy - i dont ride two up then say lets pull a trailier ....please ...are you chained to that thing .. ?

Comment

It shouldn't be too much of a problem. The kat is a big heavy pig, with enough power to pull something small. I wouldn't expect to pull more than a couple hundred pounds max, though.

On a personal note, I think hooking a trailer behind a kat would be kinda ghey. You'd probably be better suited by getting a top box and some panniers, and loading everything onto the bike. But choose whatever way is best for you. Best of luck.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Pulling trailer shouldn't be a problem, it's the braking, turning and reversing that are problems.

Comment

You could try this web site.www.blackburns-trikes.com

Comment

I guess this idea got run into the ground ?
            I mean if a Honda Goldwing can do it so can the Kat
            The swingarm bolts may or may not be strong enouph to handle a load?
            I haven't looked at the frame close enough to tell but maybe some sort of extention bars coming from the engine cradle bolts (atleast I think thats what they're called / the bolts beside the foot pegs) extending backwards should hold a good amount of pressure? Maybe even a brace bar coming from the tail section. ??????
            Keep hope alive buddy
            Last edited by katanarider; 07-14-2010, 03:33 AM.
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

IF I was going to haul a trailer behind the bike, I'd look to have one made out of aluminum, and I'd go with a single wheel setup with some sort of suspension.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

We are a manufacturer of Single Wheel Motorcycle Trailers. The sleekest design, most user friendly and aerodynamic. Learn more.
                2000 Katana 600
                2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

A bit off topic, but I saw a mini camper that would sleep two. There were 2 harleys sitting next to it at the campground. It was a slick setup. It looked expensive though.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

i would trust a side car more ...dont like trailers on the back of a bike myself .

Comment

Working...
                    X