X

D&D exhaust suzuki 600/750 katana 98-06 full system

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D exhaust suzuki 600/750 katana 98-06 full system

Im looking into this on ebay. Will a total exhaust system for a non pre (98-06) fit a pre without any messing with carbs etc when fitting. Will it fit also in place of the stock pre system.

The bike is a 750.
    " Youre all heart callaghan "

nope. First off, if you get a full system, you will NEED to jet the carbs. Second the only way to run a 98+ full system on a pre is too get the 98+ oil pan and pick up. I'm sure someone will tell you you can fit a 98+ system on a pre by denting to collector. If someone tells you to dent the pipe on a full system, they are automatically classified as an idiot by me.
    Last edited by arsenic; 04-21-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      nope
      So i take it the pres are pretty limited in what they can use then ?. Damn.

Comment

yeah 4-1 on a pre is VERY limited. If you get a 98+ oil pan and pick up. A stock 98+ header you can use ANY 98+ slip on.

Comment

yeah 4-1 on a pre is VERY limited. If you get a 98+ oil pan and pick up. A stock 98+ header you can use ANY 98+ slip on.
          This is what i'm looking at. My question is will it work and by youre second answer it seems that it will.

EDIT. you edited post above. i understand now. This bears further thinking about and i agree. i wouldnt attack a new system with a hammer to dent it.
          Last edited by panther600; 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

yes, that will work. You need a 98+ oil pan and pick up, along with a jet kit. BTW don't get DynoJunk and DO NOT even think about a K&N. Get a Factory Pro stage 1 kit and a stock air filter. Why do you want a D&D? I could suggest a million pipes that are better, like all of them
            Last edited by arsenic; 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

seeing that he is in Ireland, Maybe its to let the Lepherchauns know he's coming for their pot of stinkin' Gold

Comment

oh, they'll hear him coming, like 2 miles away.

Comment

yes, that will work. You need a 98+ oil pan and pick up, along with a jet kit. BTW don't get DynoJunk and DO NOT even think about a K&N. Get a Factory Pro stage 1 kit and a stock air filter. Why do you want a D&D? I could suggest a million pipes that are better, like all of them
                  I like the grunty sound of the D&D. There are about 2 others that sound similar though. I like loud and grunty. I have other options anyway. im just looking into them all at the moment.

Comment

if you like a deep throaty sound, have you looked into 2 Bros?

Comment

if you like a deep throaty sound, have you looked into 2 Bros?
                      Yep, thats on my list.

Comment

thats what I have. I have an TBR small oval with a 98+ 750 header on a pre 98 600.

Comment

thats what I have. I have an TBR small oval with a 98+ 750 header on a pre 98 600.
                          so you would have had to do the oil pan and pickup on that aswel. Is it worth the effort ??. Bearing in mind also that over here parts aint as easy to come by as the states.

Comment

are you kidding? Do you have any idea what I've done with that engine?
                            Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

BTW you do not need a 98+ head to do that, I just didn't want shims.
                            Last edited by arsenic; 04-21-2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

are you kidding? Do you have anyone idea what I've done with that engine?
                              Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

BTW you do not need a 98+ head to do that, I just didn't want shims.
                              Alot to the power of 100 by the looks of that website. You must really love youre bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X