X

How to fix cracked speedometer lens?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix cracked speedometer lens?

When my bike was stolen, put a small inch and a half crack in my clear plastic speedometer lens. Is there any way to replace that? I find it a tad unnecessary to replace my entire cluster just to fix that. Seems like somewhere somehow I should be able to pop that one out and pop a new one in. Anyone know? Thanks in advance to any responses!

Looney

I thought the lenses were glass??
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Hell. They might be. I dunno. Glass....plastic....Dilithium Crystal...I wanna get it fixed. =/

Comment

You could probably remove the gauge...take off the bezel, as if you were going to do a gauge face change...remove the offending glass...take it to a glass shop and have them make you a new piece...or maybe you can order these things from Ron Ayers or Bike Bandit?...The problem is I think the glass is glued to the bezel...any one know for sure?

Edit:
        Ok this blows...I checked Ron Ayers to see the gauge you were talking about and it is way different for your bike that it is for mine...I have a pre98 and each gauge is seperate...yours is a one piece bezel...that sucks because you may have to buy a whole new gauge cluster just to get that piece or buy it from Ron Ayers for $47 bucks...( I think you are looking at part #4 on the diagram)...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

call the dealer and ask??

Comment

Plexiglass....If your carefull you can cut it with an exactoknife..

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
              Plexiglass....If your carefull you can cut it with an exactoknife..
              +1

a hot exacto works better if you have a small propane torch.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Stay tuned for pictures of where I cut my own finger off WHILE AT THE SAME TIME cauterizing it!

Good idea btw bout cutting a piece out myself. If I'm successful I'll post pics.

Comment

IMHO: You live in Florida, the summer rain capital of the USA. Replace it with a new one and don't screw with the possibility of getting water into your gauges.

And quit doing hard landings or whatever cracked it in the first place

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Theives that stole my bike and chistled out my ignition cracked it. =/ If it were my fault I could live with it. You're probably right though bout the rain.

Comment

Working...
                    X