X

Busted Speed Sensor Rotor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted Speed Sensor Rotor

Hello everyone! I have an 04' Katana 600 that I've been working on. I was attempting to change the front sprocket from the stock 15 tooth, to a 14 tooth. As you know, the 98' on up, read the speed from the front sprocket. In the process, my speed sensor rotor......well the odd, square looking nut on the speed sensor rotor, got busted. I went ahead and changed out the sprocket and put it all back together. I knew my speedo wouldn't work, but I couldn't go any longer without riding it. Now, I am trying to find out where I can get a replacement part. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!

Dustin

dude thats a dealer only part. but just i case try to search it on hear and see what you get
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, so after a little more surfin', I've found a replacement part from www.suzukipowersports.com It is called a ROTOR COMP, SPEE
      part # 34981-38G00 and it's only about $11.50! (Thank God)- Anyways, I found this site very helpful cause I can search a part, see a picture diagram, and order the part all right there. Thanks for viewing though!

Comment

That's a fairly universal part. It will fit the Bandit (600 & 1200) Hayabuba, SV1000, early to mid 2000's GSX-R and the Vstrom, so says Ron Ayers.

The price sounds reasonable, but your local moto dismantler may have had them.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by ocsd4085 View Post
          Ok, so after a little more surfin', I've found a replacement part from www.suzukipowersports.com It is called a ROTOR COMP, SPEE
          part # 34981-38G00 and it's only about $11.50! (Thank God)- Anyways, I found this site very helpful cause I can search a part, see a picture diagram, and order the part all right there. Thanks for viewing though!

My local dealer here in Wellington NZ is trying to charge my $252 for one of these. Need to find somewhere that will export to NZ for a fraction of the price.
          Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

bikebandit.com or ronayers.com may work.

Comment

Working...
            X