X

Please Help - Problem with Oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help - Problem with Oil

So I rode in to work this morning and as I was parking I leaned over to view the oil level. I could not see the oil at all. I tried leaning the bike a bit and still nothing.

Can you not see the oil level when the engine is running??
    2001 GSXF 600

oil level should be checked with engine off and bike level and upright. have someone hold the bike up while you look.

Comment

Or put it up on the centerstand.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Checking the oil while the engine is running will give you a low reading. The official way to check the oil is in a cold engine. You start the engine and let it run 2 minutes. Shut the engine off and check the window 45 to 60 seconds after shutdown. There should be a slight gap at the top of the window.

Comment

You are good bro. I can't see mine very welll when running and I freaked one day when I brought it to work because when I went to leave, I looked at the oil at saw it was barely there! I never realized how canted the area of post where I park is. Anyway, that might make a difference too. I used a level and saw how bad the angle was. Hard to tell though the way it is set up.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

just put it on the centrestand and then look at the glass while the bike is NOT running. If then you don't see any oil then it time to be scared but remeber you do mave an oil light to let you know just in case.

Comment

I think if your oil light comes on it may already be too late. If I saw my oil light come on while riding, I'd shut the engine off right away and coast to a stop. No oil pressure or oil = engine damage.
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Your light didn't come on did it soldifish?
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                X