X

On with the MODS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On with the MODS!!!

Well finally, after so many tips from this KR site, I got to do a few mods myself!

*Lowered front 1.5" - thanks to ne-oublie for the grinding out of the top tree.
    *Lowered rear 2" - also thanks to ne-oublie for the dog bones.
    *Custom License bracket designed by me and again thanks to ne-oublie for fabricating the piece.
    *New rear LED turn signals - 25 Amber LEDs in a 4" strip ea. side of license plate.
    *Two Bros Exhuast, also grinded out headers and repainted black.
    *5 degree ignition advancer
    *3 million color changing LED underglow - If i get pulled over for the wrong color, I can just change it (15 different colors) nice kit.
    *Removed Luggage bars and Center stand.
    *Mesh mod and White Gauges were completed about 2 months ago.

The lower fairing under the exhaust is approx. 3" off the ground. Haven't had anything bottom out, but I take it pretty easy over bumps anyway. I'll have more pics of the underglow soon. Thanks to everyone.

myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Nice! If you are looking for a cowl, locokat has that sleek one which is quite different and would compliment your Kat. Man that reservoir cap is nice along with everything else!

typo edit!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Thanks bro for the "bump"
      Watch for your Guardian Angel
      750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

ANytime, I think it would look nice on that red kat.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Very nice! The bike looks great!
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I'm not really a big fan of the cowl, though they do look nice.
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

very nice bike. where did you get the leds?

Comment

I got them form this site.

I also had to get the load equalizer so that they would blink at the normal rate. If you don't have they equalizer, the lights blink fast. I got the 3 15/16" strip. It was the right size for the plate.
                myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

sweet bike

Great looking bike, man.

Very clean, classic look.

james
                  Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

WOW!! I really like the rear on that bike. No turn signals looks great!! Nice Job!! Might need to pick up that license plate setup. NICE!!
                    2000 Katana 750
                    -VERITAS AEQUITAS-

Comment

Very nice and clean!
                      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

yea, thats very clean. I dont think you could tell that those are turn signals until they blink!
                        Roops Photography|facebook|
                        03 GSXR 1000
                        04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                        Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Did you lower it cause it looked great or because you are vertically challenged. Just curious because there seems to be a trend to create bikes that look like drag bikes...sportbikecruisers...
                          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

He lowered the bike.
                            You got to see this kat in person, pictures do it no justice.

as for the kick stand i would, if you had access to a welder, cut the stock kickstand off at the foot, remove the required lenght, then re-weld the foot back on to it. I have seen a 2005 Red kat at Westcoast PowerSports with the Kick stand cut, I was very careful when i put the thing back down on it. (that Kat was lowered about an inch or two all the way around.)
                            and Westcoast Power sports still has this kat for sale @ $5100 bucks.
                            Looks just like mine except lowered

Comment

Well I lowered it for the look. I'm 6'2" never had any problems reaching the ground. I also already had the kickstand cut and rewelded.
                              myspace
                              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X