X

Installed green leds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed green leds

I put a green led kit on the bike to hopefully help people see me better at night. They aren't too bright but bright enough to make a difference. It wasn't too hard to install either, the hard part was taking all of the fairings off. Here's a picture, I wired them up with a relay so they come on with the other lights

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

They look great man
    Watch for your Guardian Angel
    750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

this was a kit? could you have done this with out the kit? how many leds did it take?

looks nice

Comment

Cool, take a pic at night if you can to show us.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Coool I want some...
          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

It is a kit, I got it off ebay it consists of 6 led pods each with 6 leds in them, and 2 led strips with 6 leds for a total of 48 leds. It was easy to set up and I'll try to get some better pictures of it soon. That picture is in the garage with the lights off though, the headlight is lighting it all up though.

2002 Katana 600
            1999 Ford F150

Comment

sweet!
              2002 GSX-R750
              2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Looks great, i'm thinking about getting some LED strips on my bike.. I don't know what color/s because I'm not sure what would be legally acceptable (I.e. Red and blue big no). Most likely I'll do white.. although I do have some blue cathodes laying arround.

Comment

Yeah I'd try to go for something that is less likely to get you a ticket. I checked Oregon's laws and found that blue and red were off limits but green wasn't mentioned so I went with it

2002 Katana 600
                  1999 Ford F150

Comment

Same exact kit as I bought and installed (though mine was in blue). I also added extra LED's to mine (I have 96 LED's)

It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Here's a much better picture of the bike with the leds and my new fairing I finally got.

2002 Katana 600
                      1999 Ford F150

Comment

Working...
                      X