X

Got my new Yosh RS-3!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new Yosh RS-3!!!!

Okay, so I get my new Yopshimura RS-3 stainless exhaust today (yeah!) and I happened to be reading the instructions with it, and it says that the exhaust (tailpipe) is made from Ni-Ni-Chrome Plated material.......??? I thought that it was supposed to be made of stainless steel.......so I read a little closer and see that there are 2 different part #'s......the other part # actually says stainless steel whereas my part # says Ni-Ni-Chrome. So is there really a difference, or am I just being paranoid? Thanks guys!!!!

Stainless will not rust as quick as chrome. Both are shiny but I think chrome looks shinier and better.

If it really bugs you and they won't swap it out, just dry it off after rides in the rain and clean it off when riding in the winter with salt on the roads. I did that with the D & D when I had it and I did not get a speck of rust on it.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

So just a follow-up..........I again looked at the instructions and the pipe is actually stainless........the way that the company listed it on the instruction sheet was wrong. So I was just being paranoid for no reason at all..... so my bad for thinking that I got the wrong pipe......oh well..... it happens...........

Comment

stick a magnet to it, ss isn't magnetic. or shouldn't be.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Well, it worked out then. Good stuff.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Does the slip-on from Yosh come with pipe to header? Also there is a metal mesh type gasket on stock pipe, does that get removed reused or is new one supplied? My stock pipe broke at weld at header. If anyone wants to sell there stock pipe I would be interested. I like QUIET keeps the cops away at high revs. Im in South Jersey Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oldkatrider
              Does the slip-on from Yosh come with pipe to header? Also there is a metal mesh type gasket on stock pipe, does that get removed reused or is new one supplied? My stock pipe broke at weld at header. If anyone wants to sell there stock pipe I would be interested. I like QUIET keeps the cops away at high revs. Im in South Jersey Thanks
              The Yosh comes with the mid pipe that is connected in to the collector. You use your stock headers. The metal mesh gasket is reuseable as long as you don't damage it in any way. With a little extra high temp anti seize, the midpipe slid right in to the stock collector.

Comment

Thanks , my stock pipe weld broke flush with the header and to get piece out of collector I did mess-up the gasket a little. I quess i'll have to order that too.

Comment

As far as I know, I don't think that those gaskets are too expensive either. Hope it all works out!

Comment

Working...
                  X