X

Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen install pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen install pics

I wanted something a little taller so I got the Sport Touring screen from the Zero Gravity Outlet on ebay. Here are the pics after install. I'll update with a reply after seeing how it works. It's too late to take it out right now (sleeping kids and D&D pipe LOL)
    Install was very easy thanks to this site!

2001 Honda CBR1100XX - Super "Redbird"

I was looking at one of those to but I couldnt tell how tall it would be that looks pretty good. Let us know about how different it feels when riding

Comment

Of course, I think that has to do with work blocking whomever you're using for hosting...I'll have to look when I get home.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

that's weird. I just have them on my webserver at work. Nothing special.

For the 10 minute shot up the freeway this morning to test it before work it felt a lot better. Shot up to 80 without feeling a thing. I'm 6'4" so the stock one seemed to hit me right at the neck/face level. I think now it's probably about at my eyes, but still goes over. If I tuck down, I can get fully behind this one.

Comment

I've got the same windscreen...Looks really tall but I like the protection
          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Don't worry kids.

[quote="j
            For the 10 minute shot up the freeway this morning to test it before work it felt a lot better. Shot up to 80 without feeling a thing.[/quote]

Of course you mean that you have a closed race course just outside your house. And you went out on that course to test the new pieces. You don't want to advocate doing high speeds on public roads, do you? LOL

Comment

As someone who is also in CA, you should relate to the speed limit on my freeway is 65 and the flow of traffic is usually 80. I'm just trying not to get run over! But yes, I was on a closed OFFROAD course as my windscreen is for OFFROAD USE ONLY. I was also not eating red meat, packing a weapon or killing a tree while doing said activities. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro7172
                As someone who is also in CA, you should relate to the speed limit on my freeway is 65 and the flow of traffic is usually 80. I'm just trying not to get run over! But yes, I was on a closed OFFROAD course as my windscreen is for OFFROAD USE ONLY. I was also not eating red meat, packing a weapon or killing a tree while doing said activities. LOL.
                I live in CA also, went for a ride today (148mph cause thats all it will do) and I pulled out my gun that I usually use to do drive by shootings. But today I just shot a Bald Eagle and used its razor sharp beak to chop down some oak trees while attempting to score some spotted owls for a midnight snack. All this while wearing my baby seal helmet. Smoking a joint and singing mary had a little lamb. All of this was done in a quarter mile stretch in the local school zone.

Comment

That previous post was AWESOME! So the review on riding it a few days is exactly as madkatana says. Looks wise, it looks a little too tall, but the functionality for me more than makes up for it. I misjudged where the stock windscreen hit me, this tall one probably hits at like the neck level, but because it's a little wider, it just peels over my shoulders and I don't feel much. If it is really windy, it's really easy for me to tuck into this one and it gets really quiet. If you are going for looks, the touring screen is a little too tall I think, but for my height and the fact I don't care how "cool" it looks to other people, I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro7172
                    That previous post was AWESOME!

If that was meant for me thanks

Comment

I'm 6'5", so I think I need one of these too Let me know where you bought it! I get the wind in the chin/neck thing, was thinking about a laminar lip, but this should do the trick I think.
                      2001 Katana 750
                      Black

Comment

I just ordered one from my local cycle gear and it came up a special order from zero gravity. They say its going to take 3-4 weeks

Comment

I'm 6' 2" and used to get the neck burn as well. My brother showed me a trick where he ties a bandana around his chin and lets it hang down. No more neck burn, get to the keep the regular windshield and wear some pretty cool bandanas.

Comment

Originally posted by vander750
                            I'm 6'5", so I think I need one of these too Let me know where you bought it! I get the wind in the chin/neck thing, was thinking about a laminar lip, but this should do the trick I think.
                            I found the seller zgoutlet on ebay which is the zero gravity outlet. They had the SR screen on an auction so I emailed them and asked them if they had the touring screen in stock. They gave me their paypal info and I ordered it. They actually sent me the SR screen in the box too. They deal in seconds and blems too. I don't know if one or both are, but they were both new in the bag as far as I could tell.

Comment

Working...
                            X