Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Can't decide Yoshimura or Scorpion Slip-on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide Yoshimura or Scorpion Slip-on?

I have done alot of looking and listend to some sound clips and I have it narrowed down.

I can't decide between Yosimura ,Scorpion and maybe Hindle if they have it in stainless steel.

convince me to buy one or the other I want it in stainless steel or polished aluminum. shiny shiny
    Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

I can tell you this, I chose the scorpion and I love it. Every sound clip I heard on the internet wasnt even close to the sound my scorpion makes. If you can find a bike with a similar engine and has a yosh or scorp listen to them.

Comment

I have a Yosh and i like it alot, i mean its not overly lous and obnoxious. It can be a little on the ricey side, but what isnt when it comes to 600cc rockets with wheels?

My Dad is a RockStar
      Ask KatanaJim!!
      ----------------------

----------------------
      OS3 Pitrelli
      U.S. Coast Guard
      "Support our Troops"

Comment

I love my Scorpion. Nice growl and tone, and looks great too. Oh yes I almost forgot, the best warranty out there and NEVER requires repacking. The Brits got it right with this thing.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
          I love my Scorpion. Nice growl and tone, and looks great too. Oh yes I almost forgot, the best warranty out there and NEVER requires repacking. The Brits got it right with this thing.
          World class manufacturer of ‘Red Power’ high-quality, outstandingly designed, O.E.M and aftercare market ‘performance exhausts’ for motorbikes, scooters, and cars, with a lifetime guarantee built on engineering excellence.

how close does it sound to the bandit?

Comment

I'm with a Yoshi. Supposedly they are manufactured with suzukis in mind...
            None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
            -Robert Morrison

"
            well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
              Originally posted by katanasoldier
              World class manufacturer of ‘Red Power’ high-quality, outstandingly designed, O.E.M and aftercare market ‘performance exhausts’ for motorbikes, scooters, and cars, with a lifetime guarantee built on engineering excellence.

how close does it sound to the bandit?

Sounds just like mine!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

I'm with Yoshi 2 !
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I have been doing a lot of research and I came down to a Yoshi RS-3. I heard 2 Katanas that were for sale around my area (went to see them) One had a hindle and the other had a Yoshi. The Hindle had more growl to it......more of a deeper rumble, and the Yoshi had a more tuned sweeter note. I wanted a tuned sound so I went with the Yoshi. It's all about your own preference. Once I get my Yoshi on, I am going to post sound clips of "stock" and "Yoshimura" exhaust notes for everyone's pleasure Hope this helps!!!!!!!

Comment

I forgot to tell you I have a 2006 Black 600.

You are all very helpful but but in the same way not.
                    You make both of them sound excellent I still can't decide.
                    The score seems about even.
                    I guess I can't go wrong with whatever I choose.

The fact that the Scorpion never needs repacking might just tip the scale.

does the yoshi need repacking often?

Is there a difference in sound between the oval and round Scorpions?
                    Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

Yea the Yoshi needs repacking every 2 or so years. All aftermarket exhausts do, besides Scorpion pipes. Although I have found that more people say that the Yoshi looks the best on a Kat compared to other exhausts...........

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_Katter2006
                        I forgot to tell you I have a 2006 Black 600.

You are all very helpful but but in the same way not.
                        You make both of them sound excellent I still can't decide.
                        The score seems about even.
                        I guess I can't go wrong with whatever I choose.

The fact that the Scorpion never needs repacking might just tip the scale.

does the yoshi need repacking often?

Is there a difference in sound between the oval and round Scorpions?
                        Oval or round is preference. I have the Oval and like it. The only difference other than what people have written already is the Scorp is louder than the Yoshi. Also if you ever wreck the pipe, Scorp will give you another one at half the cost.

Comment

Working...
                        X