PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide Yoshimura or Scorpion Slip-on?

The_Mad_Katter2006
04-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I have done alot of looking and listend to some sound clips and I have it narrowed down.

I can't decide between Yosimura ,Scorpion and maybe Hindle if they have it in stainless steel.

convince me to buy one or the other I want it in stainless steel or polished aluminum. shiny shiny

mrmadman
04-16-2007, 01:13 AM
I can tell you this, I chose the scorpion and I love it. Every sound clip I heard on the internet wasnt even close to the sound my scorpion makes. If you can find a bike with a similar engine and has a yosh or scorp listen to them.

NewKatRida
04-16-2007, 02:56 AM
I have a Yosh and i like it alot, i mean its not overly lous and obnoxious. It can be a little on the ricey side, but what isnt when it comes to 600cc rockets with wheels?

KatanaSoldier
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
I love my Scorpion. Nice growl and tone, and looks great too. Oh yes I almost forgot, the best warranty out there and NEVER requires repacking. The Brits got it right with this thing.

87vert
04-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I love my Scorpion. Nice growl and tone, and looks great too. Oh yes I almost forgot, the best warranty out there and NEVER requires repacking. The Brits got it right with this thing.

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bikes/soundzone.php

how close does it sound to the bandit?

philwecksr
04-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm with a Yoshi. Supposedly they are manufactured with suzukis in mind...

KatanaSoldier
04-16-2007, 03:06 PM

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bikes/soundzone.php

how close does it sound to the bandit?

Sounds just like mine!

waveman
04-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm with Yoshi 2 !

knight_rider
04-16-2007, 08:06 PM
I have been doing a lot of research and I came down to a Yoshi RS-3. I heard 2 Katanas that were for sale around my area (went to see them) One had a hindle and the other had a Yoshi. The Hindle had more growl to it......more of a deeper rumble, and the Yoshi had a more tuned sweeter note. I wanted a tuned sound so I went with the Yoshi. It's all about your own preference. Once I get my Yoshi on, I am going to post sound clips of "stock" and "Yoshimura" exhaust notes for everyone's pleasure :D Hope this helps!!!!!!!

The_Mad_Katter2006
04-18-2007, 02:02 PM
I forgot to tell you I have a 2006 Black 600.

You are all very helpful but but in the same way not.
You make both of them sound excellent I still can't decide.
The score seems about even.
I guess I can't go wrong with whatever I choose.

The fact that the Scorpion never needs repacking might just tip the scale.

does the yoshi need repacking often?

Is there a difference in sound between the oval and round Scorpions?

knight_rider
04-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Yea the Yoshi needs repacking every 2 or so years. All aftermarket exhausts do, besides Scorpion pipes. Although I have found that more people say that the Yoshi looks the best on a Kat compared to other exhausts...........

87vert
04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
heres a good deal on a yoshi

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNARL%3AMT%3A12&viewitem=&item=140108958198

KatanaSoldier
04-18-2007, 09:15 PM
I forgot to tell you I have a 2006 Black 600.

You are all very helpful but but in the same way not.
You make both of them sound excellent I still can't decide.
The score seems about even.
I guess I can't go wrong with whatever I choose.

The fact that the Scorpion never needs repacking might just tip the scale.

does the yoshi need repacking often?

Is there a difference in sound between the oval and round Scorpions?

Oval or round is preference. I have the Oval and like it. The only difference other than what people have written already is the Scorp is louder than the Yoshi. Also if you ever wreck the pipe, Scorp will give you another one at half the cost.