X

Custom Fender Eliminator for less than $4.00

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Fender Eliminator for less than $4.00

After looking around for a reasonably priced fender eliminator I decided to get creative and just make one of my own. It's not the cleanest looking eliminator, but it looks MUCH better than that stock P.O.S. Not to mention the parts cost me a total of $4.00

Tools/Parts:

-Dremel w/ cutting/sanding capabiltiy
    -Saftey Glasses
    -Gloves
    -(4) 90 degree corner braces
    - a bit of imagination.

So to start off I marked the fender using white out, with the rear fairing still on. After removing the fairing and disconnecting all the wiring I cut around the line, and then sanded it to make it look relatively smooth.<<all using the dremel. Next I put the rear fairing back on, and using the 2 screws already in place under the fairing I attatched 2 corner brackets to each side to allow for mounting of the plate and signals. I also flattened out the platform where the license plate light was to allow me to mount a neon or led light to shine on the license plate. Thats about it. Overall a pretty easy project.

O...and I decided to leave her naked for awhile until my frame sliders get in...and I wanna touch up the paint b/c there are a few scratches

Comment

Good stuff. I don't prefer the shovel either. Did you order your sliders from Braunstein?
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

ive been thikning about taking my fairings off for a while too. i think it just has a sweet look to it for some reason. maybe cause not many people do it. lookin good.

Comment

I sent payment to Braunstein last monday...but he hasnt messaged me back yet.

Comment

Cool. Don't worry, he will. You will like those sliders. With your fairings off, it might take you a whole 10 minutes to out them on. Just have some duct tape handy and some locktite and you will be good to go.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

looks good

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
              Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
              Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

not duct tape sealing tape
                www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                Katana Frame Sliders
                The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Thats about how I did mine, but for some reason the corner braces i had were too wide (aka plate wasnt wide enough to reach the braces. I ended up having to get a little more custom with mine....

but looks good man!!

can you get me a shot of how you put that neon on? im currently not running a light on mine.

thanks
                  2002 GSX-R750
                  2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

sweet rig
                    definatly better than paying $120

My Dad is a RockStar
                    Ask KatanaJim!!
                    ----------------------

----------------------
                    OS3 Pitrelli
                    U.S. Coast Guard
                    "Support our Troops"

Comment

sure is, i personally used parts from an old erector set painted black
                      2002 GSX-R750
                      2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Jabara57
                        Thats about how I did mine, but for some reason the corner braces i had were too wide (aka plate wasnt wide enough to reach the braces. I ended up having to get a little more custom with mine....

but looks good man!!

can you get me a shot of how you put that neon on? im currently not running a light on mine.

thanks
                        Yea I was thinking the same-my plate may be too wide-in which case I'll have to bring out the zip ties!! lol. For the neon Im just going to buy a 6'' tube and dril a hole for mounting on that little tab. I'll post pics probably this weekend sometime. I plan on installing the alarm and rear signals in this weekend also.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82
                          not duct tape sealing tape
                          It worked!

Comment

the guy that owned my bike before i bought it just cut the shovel in such a way that it accomplishes the same thing, but uses stock mounts.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
                              the guy that owned my bike before i bought it just cut the shovel in such a way that it accomplishes the same thing, but uses stock mounts.

03+ bikes have a very different position for where they mount the plate, its much farther under the tail, and does not utilize a seperate (huge ass ugly light) to illuminate the plate. Any 03 + bike all you have to do is but the tail and leave the plate

98-02's require some more work.
                              2002 GSX-R750
                              2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X