X

Whats the deal with this Ebayer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the deal with this Ebayer?

i was watching this D+D exhaust system on ebay because it was so cheap. It was at $350 when i saw it. Now i just checked it and its up to $405, still a good price. The thing I noticed though is that the bidders' names are bidder1 and bidder2. It seems to me like that is the person selling the exhaust is just jacking up the bids. Is this even allowed?

Also saw it happening here...

I dont buy from ebay all that often but I have never seen this. Just wondering what you guys think.

To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails (such as fake second chance offers), eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed. If you place a bid on a higher-priced item, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in the bid history. Other members can no longer view User IDs and will see anonymous names, such as Bidder 1

Comment

Ohhh, im a dummy

I just never noticed that, This tread can probably be deleted

Comment

Nah.. It's good to be careful..
        It's a new thing. I never noticed it myself..

Comment

Thanks for the help man

Comment

great now ebay sellers can really start scamming
            Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_Katter2006
              Why do you say that?

Personally I like it. It bothered me how you could just go and look at what someone has bought the last six months.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                Originally posted by The_Mad_Katter2006
                Why do you say that?

Personally I like it. It bothered me how you could just go and look at what someone has bought the last six months.
                His point is that now they (the seller) can easily go off and create a new eBay account to bid up their auctions to try and get more money - and now be totally anonymous about it. Before, one could have suspicions if the bid history shows a brand new member w/ zero feedback bumping up the price.
                "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I am pretty sure its common practise for big sellers to have someone if not themselves put a max bid on something and start it low . possibley pocket bike sellers and the like... therefore making sure they never loose money on the sales .. some of these things will keep outbidding you until you reach a high sale price .. sure you got to pay the fee as it is sold technically but if you are selling hundreds a week genuinley and making a tidy profit it would be a small price to pay 8)
                  2001 GSX750F
                  1995 ZZR600

Comment

thank you Teh_k

you explained it well
                    Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

eBay junk

I work for eBay. On items that reach a bid price over 200 dollars it will mask the bidders as bidder 1 bidder 2 etc... It's to keep bidders from receiving fake 2nd chance offers. Sometimes it does mask Shill bidding (bidding on your own items to increase the sale price for the winning bidder). If it seems suspicious report it through the "report this item" link at the bottom of the listing. Yes I do those investigations and yes I will bust anyone that does it. it's a major pet peeve of mine. Hope that helps some guys.

Comment

Sweet. Someone that works the inside and rides. W00t!

Comment

just a side note, a full vance and hines system runs around that price. I know it probably isn't always what people want, but i am simply throwing it out there so people know of their options. and for people that like to be able to hear.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
                          X