X

Katana Steering Damper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Steering Damper

Does anyone have a steering damper on their Katana?
    Would you recommend this addition? How much did it cost?

Thanks everyone..

TorontoKat

the only one I've seen on a kat is here: www.spedee.com problem is that the damper link is in japanese and i don't have the correct language pack!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

If you need a steering damper on your Kat you're riding it wrong or your front end is damaged.

If you want it for looks?
      I can't help you.. I haven't done mine yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        If you need a steering damper on your Kat you're riding it wrong or your front end is damaged.
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Guys the bike is brand new and I'm not riding it wrong. It handles great. I've just heard a few horror stories about hitting a speed wobble at high speeds and I'm wondering if anyone out there feels the steering damper would be a good addition.

I'm a new rider of 2 months and had my 1st real ride with 14 bikes this past week-end. 420kms in total for the day and it was awesome. We hit some high speeds on the home stretch on the highway and the Katana is very solid.

But like I said just wondering if the damper would help avoid any mishaps from a speed wobble.

If anyone has a damper out there on their Kat I'd love to hear about their thoughts.

Thanks!

TorontoKat...

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoKat
            Guys the bike is brand new and I'm not riding it wrong. It handles great. I've just heard a few horror stories about hitting a speed wobble at high speeds and I'm wondering if anyone out there feels the steering damper would be a good addition.

I'm a new rider of 2 months and had my 1st real ride with 14 bikes this past week-end. 420kms in total for the day and it was awesome. We hit some high speeds on the home stretch on the highway and the Katana is very solid.

But like I said just wondering if the damper would help avoid any mishaps from a speed wobble.

If anyone has a damper out there on their Kat I'd love to hear about their thoughts.

Thanks!

TorontoKat...
            As a 2 month rider, hopefully your not hitting any speeds that would even come close to causing you to wobble. I have topped out my kat 600 before and did not experience any wobble whatsover. I am also a fat bastage so my bikes top speed might be to slow with me on it

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

On a supersport with the shorter wheelbase, more power and less weight a steering damper is no doubt a must have. But to be honest on a Katana it's probably a waste of money.
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoKat
                Guys the bike is brand new and I'm not riding it wrong. It handles great.
                Then you don't need one..

Sounds like maybe you want one.. but you're not gonna get us to tell you, you need one..

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                  On a supersport with the shorter wheelbase, more power and less weight a steering damper is no doubt a must have. But to be honest on a Katana it's probably a waste of money.
                  BINGO.

Don't waste your money. The Kat doesn't need a damper.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                    Originally posted by woobie
                    BINGO.

+1 to that

Comment

Ive had my katana out at 100mph for long distances and no problem of any kind or wobbles. I've also put it into the 125mph range a couple of times, handles great...Now the goldwing, it has a wobble at 35mph, heehee, gotta keep the tires aired up right or else...
                      "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I have a Katana 600 and have been riding for a long time. I think a steering dampener is a great thing to have on ANY sport bike. If you are gonna be riding over 50 MPH you should have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                          BINGO.

As true today as it was 4 years ago...

Comment

Working...
                          X