X

D&D mounting please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D mounting please help

I see where I need to swap it on. That looks straightforward. My question is the stock pipe has a tab welded to it for a mounting point by the brake and then another one by the rear fairing. My cheap deal D&D only has one mounting point so it looks like it would clamp to the bottom pipe and only have one mounting tab by the rear fairing. Is this correct? I was just going to mount it up and go, but I would think something like another clamp would be better. Am I missing one?
    thanks in advance.

2001 Honda CBR1100XX - Super "Redbird"

Nope everything is kool. Most aftermarket cans only have one mount. So get that thing on there and take some pics.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Originally posted by BlackburnD
      Nope everything is kool. Most aftermarket cans only have one mount. So get that thing on there and take some pics.
      Will do! Thanks for the help!

Comment

well I got it on. I will post pics and maybe vid tomorrow. All the talk about how loud it is had me worried. It's definitely louder than stock and yes it's loud at high R's, but it doesn't sound that loud at idle.
        I was hoping for a deeper rumble like a car, instead of the import car coffee can sounding exhaust.
        I'll ride it around a while and see if I like it, but the first day was pretty cool. I've been calling it the angry bee after listening to it. LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X