X

intergrated turnsignal tail light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intergrated turnsignal tail light

i just installed mine and made a boo boo somewhere, the whole light blinks when i turn the blinker on(only the left or right side is supposed to) any suggestions on what i did wrong?

I would suggest going back over your install. Sometimes small errors can be overlooked and missed causing wierd problems. I made mine myself using 4 relays and 4 resistors( wired in parallel to get close to 6 ohms)-2 per side- so that I didn't have a fast blink. When I started I thought theroetically I could just break the ground with the use of 2 relays- this didn't work because you couldn't see a blink until you hit the brake. It was using the brake element for a ground when the brake was not pressed. That's when I used the other 2 relays to make sure the brake circuit wasn't used as a ground. I had a working setup using my stock hardware--slightly modded with piece of aluminium between the bulbs to differentiate left to right without bleedover. If all else fails find someone in your area that could help.
    Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Working...
    X