PDA

View Full Version : installing a D&D header need some help!!!!

blazingkat
04-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I put on my D&D header today and it seems like the header bolts where to short. There is a big gap from the header bracket to the engine and the bolts were hardly long enough, any advice would help.

chinto
04-02-2007, 10:20 PM
i'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest new bolts??

blazingkat
04-03-2007, 08:10 AM
well i assumed that too but after what I am going through to get these headers put on i thought i might have to order more stuff from D&D seeing how they didnt include the y-connecter and I had to pay an extra $100 for it

steves
04-03-2007, 08:44 AM
A picture would be helpful here. Are you sure the header was seated correctly?

Dozer7380
04-04-2007, 10:38 PM
well i assumed that too but after what I am going through to get these headers put on i thought i might have to order more stuff from D&D seeing how they didnt include the y-connecter and I had to pay an extra $100 for it

Ouch !

blazingkat
04-05-2007, 07:43 PM
yea these headers cost almost as much as a whole system would have I will recieve the part tomorrow or Saturday so if there is still an issue I will post pics

HS2020
04-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I had the same issue. I just went to the supply house showed them the one I had and said I need these a little longer. Got some new ones and it bolted right up.

blazingkat
04-06-2007, 04:46 PM
k kool thanks for the info

blazingkat
04-22-2007, 10:49 PM
ok i got the headers on and everything but the midpipe is hitting the frame a little and when i bolt the can to the peg where it use to mount i get a leak where the midpipe meets the headers and advice would help

evil-eye
04-29-2007, 06:48 PM
ok i got the headers on and everything but the midpipe is hitting the frame a little and when i bolt the can to the peg where it use to mount i get a leak where the midpipe meets the headers and advice would help

had the same problem,but i put some muffler sealer stuff from the auto parts store in all the connections pushed them together really good now no leaks.In the directions that came with my pipe it says do not tighten the headers first.Your suppose to put it all on hand tight then tighten every thing from back to front. can,midpipe,then headers.