X

You know me, always making something!!! Custom chain guard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know me, always making something!!! Custom chain guard

I always got to do something new to my bike, and i dont like to spend money on something i can do myself. took some .090 t6061 sheetmetal that we use on planes here at work and made my own chain guard. took some pics in progress so you would believe me. tell me what you think and what kind of money you would spend to get one of these if you like it.

done and on the bike.

.............and so, I can buy one of these for how much?
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

that looks sweet! what did you use to cut the letters?

Comment

a drill and then i filed it. very tedious but well worth it.

Comment

Nice!!'
          I'm very impressed!

Comment

Real nice Ford! Well done. If I didn't have the hugger I would definitely want one for certain. 8)

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
              Real nice Ford! Well done. If I didn't have the hugger I would definitely want one for certain. 8)
              I also just purchased a hugger. That guard would be very tempting otherwise. I haven`t sent my hugger for paint yet. I was considering cutting the kanji into the side. The GSX or GSXF may be something to consider. Great work fordf 8)

www.3dflag.com

Comment

i love it havent decided on chain guard r hugger yet but if i go chain guard im deffinetly wantin one of yours

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
                Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpsycho6xy
                  Originally posted by teddy
                  I also just purchased a hugger. That guard would be very tempting otherwise. I haven`t sent my hugger for paint yet. I was considering cutting the kanji into the side. The GSX or GSXF may be something to consider. Great work fordf 8)

Ditto to that. I just got a carbon hugger otherwise I would spend at least 100 bucks for that nice piece of work!
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

WOW!!! Very nice! If I wasn't trying to get rid of things on my bike to lose a little weight I'd want one for sure. I greatly admire you're abilities to make things like this... keep up the good work!
                    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

You forgot the "F" . But shiny .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Wow, looks great!
                        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Looks awsome Ford!!! I'm in the process of making one for my bike, on my second one right now, didnt like how the letters turned out on mine. Mines made out of stainless steele and the dremel tool is having a helluva time with it. Was thinking of taking it to work and trying the waterjet to do it! The bike keeps looking better and better!!
                          Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
                          Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            You forgot the "F"
                            Now he can sell to Kats AND Gixs. Smart thinkin Ford.

Comment

i think i am going to put the kanji on the next one

Comment

Working...
                              X