PDA

View Full Version : streetfighter mods

freddie_fred
04-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Here is the new headlight and brackets, I bought to begin my streetfighter project. What does everyone think?

Black_peter
04-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Nice headlight..
Mind if I ask what it cost you?
While I got a CB750 one off eBay it is showing it's age..

freddie_fred
04-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Not at all, it a site from the UK - UK Speedstyle Ltd http://www.toolparts.co.uk/acatalog/

It cost me just under $75 dollars shipped

freddie_fred
04-01-2007, 08:56 AM
hey by the way, I dig your bike. Was it difficult to trim that section of of your back fairing?

Black_peter
04-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Nope, I used an angle grinder. While the cutting wheel does tend to load up with the plastic I tried using tin snips (they to work but can crack the ABS) and a saw. (very labor intensive) The angle grinder IMO is the streetfighters most powerful tool.

freddie_fred
04-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Don't mean to steal your style, but I just might have to try that. I think it looks great :!:

BlackburnD
04-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Ok I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't understand the whole "street fighter" theme. Can you guys explain to me where it came from, and why people do it?

freddie_fred
04-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm new to it but if I'm not mistaken it came from England and it has pretty much spread all over Europe. I've lived in Germany for 5 out of my 8 years in the Army, so they kind of grew on me. It's just personal preference, some folks wouldn't be caught dead on anything other then a Harley and some people want to look like Valentino Rossi. To me, it's like what a chopper is to the cruiser motorcycle scene. It's an extension, but in a whole other direction.

freddie_fred
04-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Here maybe this can explain it better then I can

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetfighter

KatanaSoldier
04-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I like that. Keep us updated with some pics. You can post pics using this how to thread.

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13019&highlight=bored

KatanaSoldier
04-01-2007, 01:42 PM
These directions are Soldier Proof :lol:

freddie_fred
04-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I dunt now dey look-ed kina complimicated

KatanaSoldier
04-01-2007, 02:28 PM
:lol: :lol: It was the only one I could figure out :lol: :lol:

BlackburnD
04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Hmmm... I still don't really get it... I know what people do to them. I just don't know why. I get they think it looks good. I'm baffled by where this ideal came from though.
I picture some guy who recently dumped his bike pulling the front fairings off, and then saying hey that looks pretty good. Then just riding around that way. :dunno:

freddie_fred
04-01-2007, 02:50 PM
That's kina why I'm doing it. Bought a theft recovery Kat for $200 dollars, for me, A.) I like the streetfighter look and B.) I don't want to spend more money then the bike cost, just so it will look like every other PRE 98 Kat.

Black_peter
04-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Don't mean to steal your style, but I just might have to try that. I think it looks great :!:

By all means!! I stole it from Bearkat..
http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6861

Here maybe this can explain it better then I can

Not to sound too biased but that definition was better when I first wrote it..
It has been (IMO) oversimplified!

Hmmm... I still don't really get it... I know what people do to them. I just don't know why. I get they think it looks good. I'm baffled by where this ideal came from though.

Also lets not start with the street fighter #$%#.. It has been quiet here for a while. I don't expect anyone, anyone to understand my sense of style. However I do expect everyone to respect what I do with my bike. If you can't, then you deserve zero respect for anything you do to your bike. The only mods that are wrong are those that compromise the safety of the motorcycle..
That is the rider and his surroundings. If you want to understand what a streetfighter is and where it comes from the information is easily found.
If you really don't care and just want to say it is stupid then keep your narrow mindedness to your self. I am not speaking just to BlackburnD he hasn't said anything to illicit such strong language. But others have in the past and his comment illicited this preemptive strike!

BlackburnD
04-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Also lets not start with the street fighter #$%#.. It has been quiet here for a while. I don't expect anyone, anyone to understand my sense of style. However I do expect everyone to respect what I do with my bike. If you can't, then you deserve zero respect for anything you do to your bike. The only mods that are wrong are those that compromise the safety of the motorcycle..
That is the rider and his surroundings. If you want to understand what a streetfighter is and where it comes from the information is easily found.
If you really don't care and just want to say it is stupid then keep your narrow mindedness to your self. I am not speaking just to BlackburnD he hasn't said anything to illicit such strong language. But others have in the past and his comment illicited this preemptive strike!

Wow... Someone has some sand in their Fagina..... I just asked where it came from. I think I have an ideal now though. It probably has something to do with people who have bad attitudes and want their bikes to look like they trashed it, but gonna ride it anyway cuz you're a hard @$$..... You can take all your little comments there and stick em right up your well you get it.

Not one fricking time did I disrespect the street fighter look. I was just curious where it came from. I may have suggested an off the wall ideal as to where it came from, but other than that..... I apologize for being curious about it... I no longer give a flying f#$* about it.

How's this for narrow minded :smt098

Black_peter
04-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I am not speaking just to BlackburnD he hasn't said anything to illicit such strong language. But others have in the past and his comment illicited this preemptive strike!

Sorry I wasn't clear enough..
I'll repeat it another way...
Your comment illicited that response.
My response was in reaction to your comment.
My response was not answering your comment.

Sometimes I wonder if people spend enough time reading my posts to even warrant my writing them.. Or maybe I use too many big words..

BlackburnD
04-01-2007, 07:21 PM
No.. I read it... Unfortunately it's kinda apologizing for something then doing it again. See I'm the only frickin person in here asking about it, or even talking about it. Therefore it was directed at me as well as others. I'll be moving on now. k Thanks Bye. :bigthumb:

Black_peter
04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I wasn't apologizing.. I was trying to point out you took my post the wrong way.. Your fault not mine..
My use of the word "sorry" was a bit of sarcasm..

bigbike-r
04-02-2007, 01:57 PM
right the streetfightered bike does not look like a bike that has been trashed and then the owner thought fook it ill just ride it like that cos im a hard ass!!!

streetfightered bikes came about mainly through the film madmax, people who liked the film wanted their bikes to look like those in the film.
that along with hardtail chops merged together and began to form the fightered bikes you see today, you could well ask why do people build hardtails and choppers.... style my friend, owning a bike that no other person anywhere owns..... a bike that is unique and shows off the building skills of the person to create the bike....... it is not as most people think simply ripping the fairing off sticking a different tail and head light on and suddenly you have a streetfighter...... these bikes are hugely modified.... the engines tuned up much skill and engineering goes into fitting custom parts, modifying parts to fit to give a unique style of bike

i may well ask you why do you keep your bike the same as everyone elses bike or why do people stick paintwork from a gp bike and ride round looking like theve got lost from the track and stuck on the motorway

ok so you dont understand why we do it, then just take it as because we just do.... for me personally it is the challenge of building the bike and the end result of knowing not one person will pass me on the same bike!

Jax
04-02-2007, 03:00 PM
I may be wrong but aren't the Germans more into the "Streetfighter" and the English are more of the Hooligan look?? Doesn't matter I like both looks...

Damian
04-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi Freddie. Where were you at in Germany? I was at Ramstein for 4 years.

Nice looking headlights.

I cut my rear fairings similar to how Peter did his, I used a Black & Decker jigsaw; worked great for me.

Post some pics of your bike. I have got to see what a $200 Kat looks like.

Check out customfighters.com for ideas and tips about modding your bike. Those guys are hardcore. I saw something in a sig over there that makes me smile, it was something like, "If people that own your model of bike are constantly trying to "save" your bike from your angle grinder, then you're on the right track."

bigbike-r
04-02-2007, 05:05 PM
yeah germany has realy taken the streetfighter scene by storm.... what i dont like seeing from them is the show bikes that they spend thousands of pounds on and dont even ride???? now wheres the sense in that!

freddie_fred
04-02-2007, 05:27 PM
This time I'm at Heidelberg, I was also in Wiesbaden in 2000. I'm a member over at customfighters, great bunch of guys!!!

bigbike-r
04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
hey freddie, grab a pic of the bike m8 would love to see it what other mods have you got inline for it?? steel frame makes it easier for welding new subframes on !!!! maybe a nice k7 seat unit!!!!!
i did have a pic of a fightered kat let me find it n ill post it up for you ill ave to search my forum.....

here we are... you may need some shades lol.... not keen on the orange at all or the seat unit but is different

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/bigbike-r/teapotfighter.jpg

kwebbel
04-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Ok I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't understand the whole "street fighter" theme. Can you guys explain to me where it came from, and why people do it?

Not sure where it came from, but I know why people do it.
It's just about personal taste, nothing more and certainly nothing less.
The idea about a trashed bike is pure nonsense, I know several guys riding/building streetfighters which make my own kat look like trash.
A real streetfighter has some props in common, it's heavily modded it's got a powerfull engine and it's naked.
Bikes looking like trashed are called ratbikes overhere, commonly trashed painted black and absolutely stock from a technical point off view.
Both aren't really my cup off tea but I must say I'm often stunned by the skills and creativeness invested in streetfighters.

/edit
some examples...
http://www.jj-streetfighters.nl/streetfighters/redrose/11169.jpg
http://www.jj-streetfighters.nl/streetfighters/el%20diablo/8600.jpg
http://www.jj-streetfighters.nl/streetfighters/the%20frog/frog1.jpg
http://www.jj-streetfighters.nl/streetfighters/stealth%20fighter/stealth%20jan.jpg

bigbike-r
04-02-2007, 06:10 PM
kwebbell...... nice answer m8

BlackburnD
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I knew I would regret setting foot back in this thread.

I was being fecitious about why people do it... Bottom line I was taking a low blow at peters toddler esque outburst about me asking a question.

On another note thank you for attempting to answer my question bigbike. The Mad Max theory or ideal makes a bit of sense. It's good to know that atleast one person who does this style of midding has some ideal of where it possibly originates.

I don't have a problem with what anyone of you do to your bikes. I don't care I don't have to ride it.... I think some of the Street Fighter bikes are really interesting. Maybe though when someone asks a question about the style you have chosen to use on your bike; you should take the time to try and answer it instead of getting all defensive. All I was curious about was the history of the style. Where it came from.. Yet some of you have taken offense to my inquiry...

I will apologize for what may have seemed like an inuslt. I was being sarastic. I am not Niave enough to really think that is how, or why people do this. Remember though this is a public forum, and people are going to ask questions. If you have enough interest in something to do it yourself I would think you would have enough interest to find out where it originated. I tried to look it up, but only got generalized bs about where it is popular and what not.

BlackburnD
04-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I have been looking at the CustomFighters sight. Some of those bikes are pretty sweet. Others I don't even get how they fall into the Street Fighter category..

Anyhow I love this bike.. This is just awesome..http://www.customfighters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=26

bigbike-r
04-02-2007, 07:43 PM
hey blackburnd i wasnt gettin all defensive bud just the way i use my words, i dont think you will get a better answer to where streetfighters origionated from than what has already been put to be honest.... nowadays the general term and style of streetfighters changes more than i change me clothes there is no real answer to how it origionated nor is there any answer to what a streetfighter is unfortunately peoples opinion and perceptions of a streetfightered bike are all the same but one way or another somehow they all end up with the style of bike you see as a fighter.... to me a proper fighter is the old muscle bikes brought into modern day using more upto date parts and accesories and tuning them up to piss all over todays modern machinery. the old mad max style... now known as a rat bike can have extremely fine tuned engines extremely powerfull but look like a pile of crap slapped together but you get such a buzz when a modern bike pulls up beside you looks you up n down to say.... man what is that heap..... then you leave him standing thats what its about ..... hell yeah!

freddie_fred
04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey Bigbike, that is one nice freaking bike. I will be getting some pics soon. I will post them as soon as I get them.

KatanaSoldier
04-02-2007, 08:09 PM
[quote=BlackburnD]

http://www.jj-streetfighters.nl/streetfighters/stealth%20fighter/stealth%20jan.jpg

I love this design. Awesome. Freddie, wouldn't that look tight with a big Army Star over black!!! :shootdw:

BlackburnD
04-02-2007, 08:18 PM
that is sweet... I'm not sure how you would ride it with that bottom fairing/spoiler being so low to the ground. Sweet none the less.

freddie_fred
04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Yeah with that tailgunner exhaust that actually rotates!! I'd wear a tank commanders helmet!!!

The only problem is, that I'm in Germany(as many of you know) well... and the bike is in Florida. I just got pics, but man is it a piece of you know what!!!

Damian
04-03-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't see the clutch or front brake on that bike either. Where's the exhaust?

kwebbel
04-03-2007, 04:02 AM
that is sweet... I'm not sure how you would ride it with that bottom fairing/spoiler being so low to the ground. Sweet none the less.

Hitec bro, it's got airsuspension which will lift the bike and flip up the rockets once it's started, enough to have the needed groundclearance to ride it.

I don't see the clutch or front brake on that bike either. Where's the exhaust?

All cables and wiring are routed inside the steer, the brakes are electronically operated (front- and rearlines meet under the seat in a central commander) and as you can see it's got custommade undertail exhausts

http://www.jj-streetfighters.nl/streetfighters/stealth%20fighter/stealth1.jpg
http://www.jj-streetfighters.nl/streetfighters/stealth%20fighter/NP7L6164.jpg

bigbike-r
04-03-2007, 05:15 AM
theres a write up in streetfighters mag over here its a awesome bike and you can see immediately the ammount of work gone into it unfortunately its just not my kinda thing ::(:

crazymofo
04-03-2007, 05:39 AM
streetfighters...

aggressive stance, wild performance (you literally remove whatever you can, not just fairings) and an a method of heavily modified sportbikes....

in a basic term

chopper: modified hardley drivable

streetfighter: modified japper

not all streetfighters have no fairings, like i said, its all about aggression, an aggressive stance, no bullsh!t attitiude.

apparently, the 1st fighters were ones in the UK that were from riders who fitted wide motorcross bars to the bikes to help muscle the bike thru the tight city traffic and roads. bikes were also then dropped a lot DUE to the surrounds of tight traffic and roads, and lack of parking etc.. hence fighters were born, bullsh!t fast sportbikes, modified to suit the tight urban enviroment... as time went on, it became a style of bike moddifying, and MORE SO....A MINDSET for certain riders...usually people who love to get in the shed and tinker. now with tinker, i mean, not some little faggot boy saying "hey bro, i gots me a gold brake leaver bro.. how fulli sik am i moit". you knoe the good sh!t- chopping up the frame, subbing brakes and suspension to improve handling, reduce weights.. all the things everyone wants from a bike.

hence my own....one stock SV 650s. sh!t susupension, heavy for what it is, boring looks, useless brakes for the riding i do (tight bumpy twisties)

now fitted, 04 USD forks with radial brakes clamping 310mm rotors, ZX6R SWINGARM, REAR SHOCK, REAR 180 section wheel. and a zx6r subframe, and tail plastics... the bike now weight 155kg on the road with half a tank of juice, standard was 179 DRY! never used to have any suspension adjustments, now it has it all....not to mention the 98hp ive screwed out of the engine, up from 75hp, and yep she is a weapon in the twisties

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/midnitebomma/I3010215.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/I3010053.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/I3010057.jpg

cheers.joe.

freddie_fred
04-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey crazymofo that is one sweet SV!!!!

bigbike-r
04-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Hey Bigbike, that is one nice freaking bike. I will be getting some pics soon. I will post them as soon as I get them.

dunno if you were lookin at the bike in my profile... thats old it i am building this now

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28684&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

bigbike-r
04-05-2007, 04:27 AM
that sv is nice, thats what headlight i want for another bike! im after a rd350lc!

crazymofo
04-05-2007, 07:28 AM
its a 666 bimbo fighters mask... wasnt cheap lol

cheers.joe.

madentaiwn
05-03-2007, 11:08 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/I3010057.jpg

cheers.joe.

All I can said is... NICE!!! I just wish I have that much mechanical talents to build something like that!