Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Complete shovel chop w/ integrated tail light.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete shovel chop w/ integrated tail light.

heres my chovel chop after i got the great idea from hellcamp. what you do is cut the whole thing off and then drill little holes right under the tail light assembly and mount 1x1x1/8 angles.

heres the shovel chop cut off....

heres a shot of the angles mounted. i unmounted the tail light assembly so i could get in there to hold the bolts for the screws mounting the angles. you dont have to remove any wires and take out the tail light, just unscrew it and you can move it up enough to get in there...

and finally heres the plate bolted to the angles...

hows it look?

---Hey I just got a D&D and was wonderin....

J/K

Thats a pretty smart setup...looks good!

shoot another photo from the back, but a little farther out so we can get a good look...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Nice.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Nice. What did you do with turn signels? Let's see a pic from behind.

Comment

sorry the pictures suck but i dont have a digital camera its just my phone camera.

anyways here is a rear view of the bike...

here is a view from under the rear to see how the bracket looks...

i dont have turn signals cause i got the LED tail light with the integrated turn signals. this set up will only work with the integrated tail light. you may be able to buy a couple more angles to mount the turn signals to but im not sure how that turn out. this set up works great for the integrated though.

Comment

I used a similar set up to mount the stock turn signals too. Pics at http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...asc&highlight=
            The little pieces are strong as heck.

IFMUN, could you post a pic taken from the back, but a little bit lower? I'd like to see how the top edge of the plate looks mounted on, and the tail light is blocking it in this pic.
            Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

here you go hellcamp...

Comment

Working...
              X