X

jet kit help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet kit help

i started my install today. so far i started on the wrong foot.... i cant get 2 of the screws out to remove the platic tops to get to the neddles. any tip? i bent up a screw driver trying to get it out.

Did you strip the head of the screws? If so then I would suggest using some needle nose vise grips.

If the head isn't stripped, try and pick up a #2 Phillips screw driver, or screwdriver bit, that seems to fit in that head the best.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

the one heads toast. i tryed the vise grips too. not luck they are super tight i was able to get a flat screwdriver in one of them and i bend the screw driver tip into a s with out the screw moving....

Comment

anyone?

Comment

interesting

maybe some penetrating oil? firm (but not too hard) tap with a hammer to loosen stuff up? I've never had one freeze up that bad.... hmmmm

If the head of the screw is toast, try taking a dremel and cutting a notch in the head of the screw, then you'll be able to fit a flat head screwdriver in there no problem, maybe even with a better fit than before.
          None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
          -Robert Morrison

"
          well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

tryed it... i really hate to drill it out

Comment

penetrating oil too?

Spray some on there, let it sit a while, then try again.

Impact driver?
              None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
              -Robert Morrison

"
              well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

my impact drive is to big... i dont know why they are so tight

Comment

looks like i am going back to stock while i wait a week or more for screws....

Comment

Dunno if this will work, never tried it before. Cold makes metals contract. Put the part in the fridge for a while and then try it. The screw and the metal around it may just contract enough to let it turn a little easier.
                    Disclaimer : Never tried it, it's just based on scientific principles of metals. Maybe worth a shot if all else fails.

Will something bad happen to the part if you put it in the fridge for a while ? Oh yeah, and wrap it and seal it good so that the fridge remains free from toxic stuff.
                    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

not sure how well freezing it will work nor do i wish to wait that long....i am probbly going to end up dilling it out but intill i get screws i am back to stock

Comment

Got a Dremel ? I'd take the cutting wheel and dig at the screw head until it's gone . You SHOULD be able to grab what's left of the screw after the cap's off with the vicegrips . Safer than drilling , I think .
                        Personally , I'm SHOCKED the vicegrips didn't work for you . I got some pretty stubborn carb screws off with the grips and screwdriver recently .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          Got a Dremel ? I'd take the cutting wheel and dig at the screw head until it's gone . You SHOULD be able to grab what's left of the screw after the cap's off with the vicegrips . Safer than drilling , I think .
                          Personally , I'm SHOCKED the vicegrips didn't work for you . I got some pretty stubborn carb screws off with the grips and screwdriver recently .
                          I agree, cut the head off and then you should be able to grab whats left with the vise grips once the top's off. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                          X