X

Lowered Kat **Just updated with more mod pics**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered Kat **Just updated with more mod pics**

I just lowered my Kat 1.5" in the front and 2" in the back. Tell me what you think.

The Yosh exhaust sounds so good!

Jag mirrors

Picked up a 2005 Kat seat for cheap! The small tear will be covered up by the Braada cowl I just ordered!

Looks awesome!!!!!!!! Now just get rid of those luggage bars on the tail and it will clean up the rear a lot more..........they just unbolt from the frame once you get the tail plastics off

Comment

Thanks for the info on the luggage bars... I did not know that they just un bolted .I will def. take them off and get rid of my centerstand cause there is no way I will ever get it back on it now!

Comment

sell the centre stand and I'm sure a lot of people here will be interested. they go prety quick

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Good idea! Now I just need to get my Z6 tires and chain on!

Comment

How's the ride feel? Mine feels just a little stiffer since I done mine!
            Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
            Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Nice. I like the bars though as they make is much easier to put on the center stand and pick up in the back end and scoot over like I have to in the garage. Just me though.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Yea when I took off my bars, I did find it a little more difficult to put the bike on it's center stand, but I use the rear foot peg now for the leverage I need.............works for me!

Comment

I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference in the ride.... but this is the first bike I have owned and I have only put a total of about 30 miles on it. It does corner a little better and it is way easier for me to ride since I have short legs.

Comment

i only used the 1 inch hole on my lowering links i like it alot better but i still cant flat foot the bike but in the second hole ive heard its wayyy to low do you have problems with it bottoming out? looks good

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
                    Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                    Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

My lowering links had a 2" hole and a 4" hole and I knew that the 4" would be waaayy to low, but I tested it out on some speed bumps and didn't bottom it out. It did come close to bottomingout on the front of the lower fairing, so I may raise it a little bit in the front.

Comment

Is there anyway i can raise the back .5in and lower the front .5in. I want a slight alter in stance. Nothing crazy im already flat foot, i just wanna play wit it.
                        Help

My Dad is a RockStar
                        Ask KatanaJim!!
                        ----------------------

----------------------
                        OS3 Pitrelli
                        U.S. Coast Guard
                        "Support our Troops"

Comment

tygto- thats what i thought. once you figure out what the best ammount to lower the front is let me know what u ended up with

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
                          Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                          Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

NewKatRida I think you raise the back just by turning the spring and the front is real easy to lower. It only takes about 20 minutes.

Comment

I will probably raise the front up a little bit this weekend and see how I like it a little higher. I will let you know how I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X