X

Suggestions for cruise Control mod?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for cruise Control mod?

I've been looking around at options for installing some sort of cruise control gadget on my 2000 Katana (cc750). Does anyone have any experience or suggestions at what the best ones are for Katanas? I've done some searching already, I'm just not sure if they all work with my bike---

Throttlemeister
    vista cruise
    Audiovox
    Brake Away

Thanks,

Bill

Re: Cruise

I've been looking myself, saw a heavy pair of these on ebay the other day but I got outbid, you can always buy right from the website:

Comment

I use a throttle lock. Simple, mechanical clamp that holds throttle to a preset position.

Pluses- simple, cheap, very easy to install.

Minuses- does not flip off when you hit brakes- you must turn it off manually, hard to get it adjusted right, so vibrations cause it to slowly loose its setting and bike slows down a bit.

There is a similar device that mounts inside the grip, and I hear it holds it settings better. More money, tho.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I have a vista cruise throttle lock, only use it on the highway cause like StevieB said, you have to turn it off manually. You'll love it on long hauls.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I'm gonna get the Throttlemeister when I have the funds for it. It's one of the more expensive ones but after reading about it I feel this is the safest because you can just grab the throttle and close it without disengaging it if needed. Good warranty too.
          ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

vista cruise - inexpensive - highway use only and you still have control over it
            gski

Comment

Any cruise that you can't force the throttle back is incorrectly configured. For safety reasons, no throttle lock should hold the throttle so hard that you can't turn it back without disengaging the lock.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

throttle rocker - not a cruise per se, but cheap, easy and reversible
                I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Cheapest eaisiest thing to do is use a rubber band thick enough to lock in between the grip and the throttle housing. Just make sure you tie a loop in the band so it can easily be removed kinda like a figure 8

Comment

Working...
                  X