PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for cruise Control mod?

bill66man
03-25-2007, 01:31 PM
I've been looking around at options for installing some sort of cruise control gadget on my 2000 Katana (cc750). Does anyone have any experience or suggestions at what the best ones are for Katanas? I've done some searching already, I'm just not sure if they all work with my bike---

Throttlemeister
vista cruise
Audiovox
Brake Away

Thanks,

Bill

bigbri_78
04-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I've been looking myself, saw a heavy pair of these on ebay the other day but I got outbid, you can always buy right from the website:

http://www.throttlemeister.com/

StevieB
04-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I use a throttle lock. Simple, mechanical clamp that holds throttle to a preset position.

Pluses- simple, cheap, very easy to install.

Minuses- does not flip off when you hit brakes- you must turn it off manually, hard to get it adjusted right, so vibrations cause it to slowly loose its setting and bike slows down a bit.

There is a similar device that mounts inside the grip, and I hear it holds it settings better. More money, tho.

katman05
04-02-2007, 07:43 PM
I have a vista cruise throttle lock, only use it on the highway cause like StevieB said, you have to turn it off manually. You'll love it on long hauls.

Qweezark
04-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm gonna get the Throttlemeister when I have the funds for it. It's one of the more expensive ones but after reading about it I feel this is the safest because you can just grab the throttle and close it without disengaging it if needed. Good warranty too.

gski02
04-06-2007, 04:14 PM
vista cruise - inexpensive - highway use only and you still have control over it

brooder
04-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Any cruise that you can't force the throttle back is incorrectly configured. For safety reasons, no throttle lock should hold the throttle so hard that you can't turn it back without disengaging the lock.

paperairplane
04-19-2007, 03:05 PM
throttle rocker - not a cruise per se, but cheap, easy and reversible

mrmadman
04-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Cheapest eaisiest thing to do is use a rubber band thick enough to lock in between the grip and the throttle housing. Just make sure you tie a loop in the band so it can easily be removed kinda like a figure 8