X

Lowering foot pegs for 02 Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering foot pegs for 02 Kat?

I'm 6'4" and had heard that they make a kit to lower the footpegs (not lower the bike) and I can't find anything anywhere. Do they make such a thing? I think I'm getting used to how I sit on the bike, but feel like I'd have more room if the controls were moved down a little bit. Forgive me if this is a stupid question because I'm a noob.
    Thanks in advance for any responses.

2001 Honda CBR1100XX - Super "Redbird"

I don't know if they make such a thing or not, but I am 6'5" and you should really just get used to it. Think of it this way. If you lower your pegs later on in the game when you are leaning nice and hard. Guess what is gonna hit earlier than if you had left them alone. Just my thoughts. I hear of people scraping pegs and boots all the time with the pegs where they are. Just my opinion

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Good point. I don't plan on ever laying the bike that low, but it would suck to find out that lesson the hard way. I just figured I'd ask.

2001 Honda CBR1100XX - Super "Redbird"

Comment

Not sure if this helps any, but there are adjustments you can make to the rear brake lever so that it sits higher/lower - but the footpeg itself can't be moved. Also, I think there's a small amount of adjustment on the shift pedal too...
        "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Working...
        X