X

Exhaust From a newer Gsxr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust From a newer Gsxr

Its raining outside and dont have a sitter so cant go out riding...sucks but new to motorcycles and reallt dont understand exhausts. In the car world, you have universal exhaust but many exhaust i been looking at are for certain models....this is what i want to do. i ride an 92 katana 600....i love her and been riding for about 3 months. not ready to move on to something else and if her fairings where more sleek like the newer bikes i would keep her for ever . but n e ways. I like the 06-07 gsxr exhaust.... how its short and triangle...i think it i could get two of them. that would look bad ass. i could get two of them from ebay for about 100-150 or cheaper but do you just weld them on or what.... thx to listening to my rumblings

they are specific to model because of cc of bike and some other factors. Mostly because their really isn't motorcycle exhaust shops that will bend up pipes like they do for cars. Also clearance around parts of the bike makes them different. MOst likely don't want to put 600 cc exhaust on a 1200 cc bike most likely be to restrictive. but i am sure that it happens and some people have no problem with it.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I think the GSXR's use a bolt on can, and the katanas are slip on. Not compatible.

The GSXR head is narrower because of the fact they are water cooled... so can't swap the head.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thanks for the help. I saw that the grxr is a bolt on and mine is a slipon. Kind of figured that i could cut off both sides and get them welded to gether

Comment

I have heard the 'busa fits.. I like the idea of getting two older stock cans on the Kat.. Larger dia.. etc..
          I like the twin can look but the pre 98 Kat cans are a bit dated..

Comment

Working...
          X