PDA

View Full Version : FS: 98+ HUGGER BLACK

KatanaSoldier
03-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Not a bad price for one ready to bolt in with all hardware and no drilling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Katana-600-750-GSX-Rear-Hugger-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35584QQitemZ11010 5606365QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Spedee2ride
04-06-2007, 12:06 AM
No buyers. Too bad.

KatanaSoldier
04-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I grabbed the carbon one from this guy and it is nice.

Dirk130
04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
I grabbed the carbon one from this guy and it is nice.

will these huggers fit the pre 98's?

KatanaSoldier
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Unknown to me bro. You should ask the seller if he stocks them for the pre-98. You never know. He just might.

Dirk130
04-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Unknown to me bro. You should ask the seller if he stocks them for the pre-98. You never know. He just might.

ok,

a 98+ rear rim will fitt a pre 98 swingarm
both swingarms have the same sizes?

so if i am correct the only thing i need to know is the gap between the mounting holes?

theusualsuspect
04-07-2007, 08:46 PM
solider, this is something new since i saw your bike last?! As well as the carbon dash that i read about! Any thing else you get since i saw ya last? JEEEEZ! how am i ever going to catch up with my mods if you keep adding stuff! *Walks away peering deeply into empty wallet* :lol:

KatanaSoldier
04-07-2007, 11:45 PM

ok,

so if i am correct the only thing i need to know is the gap between the mounting holes?

I can measure them on the hugger for you and will let you know.

KatanaSoldier
04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
solider, this is something new since i saw your bike last?! As well as the carbon dash that i read about! Any thing else you get since i saw ya last? JEEEEZ! how am i ever going to catch up with my mods if you keep adding stuff! *Walks away peering deeply into empty wallet* :lol:

:lol: Fibre lyte gas cap pad. I also added the sliders today. :-D

The wifey has put the brakes on the Kat for a little bit :D Oh well, the Kat is done for now anyway. New tires next season maybe.

Let's ride!

KatanaSoldier
04-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I also grabbed the blue wheel stripes. I forgot about those. :)

Dirk130
04-08-2007, 04:56 PM

ok,

I can measure them on the hugger for you and will let you know.

8)

thanks

KatanaSoldier
04-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I will get out there tonight.

KatanaSoldier
04-08-2007, 08:19 PM

ok,

Ok the holes measure from outside to outside, 4 1/2 inches. Will it work?

Court93kat
04-09-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm pretty sure both swingarms are pretty much identical with the location of the rear brake caliper being the major difference. If you put it on a pre-98 you will have to notch the hugger for the brake caliper torque arm.

I SOOOO want to get one myself.

brez24
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm pretty sure both swingarms are pretty much identical with the location of the rear brake caliper being the major difference. If you put it on a pre-98 you will have to notch the hugger for the brake caliper torque arm.

I SOOOO want to get one myself.Did you ever wind up putting it on your pre-98?

arsenic
08-03-2007, 01:09 PM
yeah, it's all about the brake torque arm. On a pre the rear caliper mounts on top, on a post it mounts on the bottom, that's the number 1 reason I went with a 98+ swing arm on my pre. If you want to swap swingarms I have two 98+ ones ( the 750 and 600 is the same), but it's not a stright up swap, I can explain how to do it. BTW I have that exact hugger, I love it, it's ABS plastic and not fiberglass, it's awesome

brez24
08-03-2007, 01:39 PM
yeah, it's all about the brake torque arm. On a pre the rear caliper mounts on top, on a post it mounts on the bottom, that's the number 1 reason I went with a 98+ swing arm on my pre. If you want to swap swingarms I have two 98+ ones ( the 750 and 600 is the same), but it's not a stright up swap, I can explain how to do it. BTW I have that exact hugger, I love it, it's ABS plastic and not fiberglass, it's awesomeCan the hugger be modified w/o having to swap the swingarms? I'm not sure I could handle swaping them myself. Do you have any pics of how your bike turned out?

Blazerzr2
08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah, it's all about the brake torque arm. On a pre the rear caliper mounts on top, on a post it mounts on the bottom, that's the number 1 reason I went with a 98+ swing arm on my pre. If you want to swap swingarms I have two 98+ ones ( the 750 and 600 is the same), but it's not a stright up swap, I can explain how to do it. BTW I have that exact hugger, I love it, it's ABS plastic and not fiberglass, it's awesomeCan the hugger be modified w/o having to swap the swingarms? I'm not sure I could handle swaping them myself. Do you have any pics of how your bike turned out?
want one for a pre, see this thread. direct bolt on. thanks to chriskat1100

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35604&highlight=

brez24
08-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Great. Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out EBay.

arsenic
08-04-2007, 01:37 AM
that's a heavily modified rear swingarm. If you look the rear caliper is mounted on the bottom. Bringing us back to the torque arm for the pre 98 Kats being the problem. With the brake torque arm on the top it's gonna take a lot of work, certainly possible, but it's gonna take some work.

brez24
08-05-2007, 10:36 PM
that's a heavily modified rear swingarm. If you look the rear caliper is mounted on the bottom. Bringing us back to the torque arm for the pre 98 Kats being the problem. With the brake torque arm on the top it's gonna take a lot of work, certainly possible, but it's gonna take some work.That would put me back at square one. I wasn't looking to do any modifications.

arsenic
08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Can the hugger be modified w/o having to swap the swingarms? I'm not sure I could handle swaping them myself. Do you have any pics of how your bike turned out?
I don't have any pics, it's not done yet. Check out http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/ That will tell you everything about my bike.

brez24
08-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Can the hugger be modified w/o having to swap the swingarms? I'm not sure I could handle swaping them myself. Do you have any pics of how your bike turned out?
I don't have any pics, it's not done yet. Check out http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/ That will tell you everything about my bike.You bike sounds like it's going to be pretty amazing when completed. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Court93kat
08-21-2007, 02:00 AM
That would put me back at square one. I wasn't looking to do any modifications.

As far as I know, NOBODY makes a hugger for a pre-98 Kat. The easiest thing is going to be getting one for an SV or a 98+ Kat and cutting the notch in it for the brake arm. Sorry man. I do have a link to some installation instructions if you would like it.

arsenic
08-21-2007, 12:13 PM
there's a link somewhere where someone modded a Bandit rear hugger to fit a pre 98.