X

New turn signal mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New turn signal mod

I just got the bike a week ago but I'm already starting to mod it a little, I got the creese bracket on and I just saw in another forum an interesting idea of putting led's in the back of your passenger peg bracket for additional turn signal lights. I started drilling the holes and hopefully tomorrow I'll finish it up. I'm going to put 2 5mm red leds on each side and wire it up to the stock signals. I'll post pictures when I'm done with it and possibly a video of it in action

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

Sounds interesting. Although I think most people who ride solo usually have the passenger pegs folded up. Definitely post pics when you're done.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

It won't matter if they're up or not, it's on the back of the bracket and not on the bottom of the peg itself. Here's a picture so far of the progress. Tomorrow I'll have both sides done and wired up.

2002 Katana 600
      1999 Ford F150

Comment

Aah you said bracket and not peg...!!!
        The old brain isn't at it's best right now
        My bad :

It's an interesting mod.
        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

So far it's looking like it's a worthwhile mod, it'll look nice when it's lit up the hard part is going to be routing the wires so they are hidden and protected. I have about 50 red leds around so I'm trying to find some uses for them

2002 Katana 600
          1999 Ford F150

Comment

I like that... very subtle mod.

Comment

Hrm, I likey. May have to consider that for my bike... although i'd probably go a bit crazier with the LEDs. I'd want to use it as a replacement. More photos when you're done.

Comment

Hey, thats a very cool idea!

I have 96 LED's on my bike right now, and I may have to try that foot peg LED mod. Post a couple pictures of it when its done.
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I like the way that looks. Very subtle. Nothing horribly crazy. Can't wait to see what it looks like lit up.

Originally posted by AMorgan
                  Hrm, I likey. May have to consider that for my bike...
                  although i'd probably go a bit crazier with the LEDs. I'd want to use it as a replacement. More photos when you're done.
                  You'd have to put LEDs on the entire bracket in order to even remotely be safe. But, done properly, I think it would look good.
                  Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                  -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                  -Terence

Comment

Hey,
                    LED's look good.
                    Is that a Western Mustangs pennant in the background?
                    2000 Katana 600
                    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Looks great, but I wonder if they will be bright enough.
                      Bike is sold

Comment

If those are 5mm, they're probably in the area of 5000mcd.. It's enough to blind you (temporarily) if you look at them straight on. Even at 15'

Running the wires through vacuum line would provide enough protection from abrasion and gunk, and wouldn't look too bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by AMorgan
                          Hrm, I likey. May have to consider that for my bike... although i'd probably go a bit crazier with the LEDs. I'd want to use it as a replacement. More photos when you're done.
                          I agree, I think I would use this mod as a replacement instead of additional turn signals. Can't wait to see the final product.
                          Blue '00 Katana 600
                          Silver '07 Tundra DC
                          www.charleshunt.me

Comment

The led's are plenty bright, however with the shape of the inside of the bracket it'd be hard to get more than 2 leds in there. And it's not a western mustangs pennant, it's actually my letter from football last year and a pennant they give seniors with your name and number on it.

2002 Katana 600
                            1999 Ford F150

Comment

Well, i'm also working with a different set of rear pegs than you are... I dunno, i'll look at it when I get her home from her winter home. I would do probably 4-6 if I could. I wouldn't do 2 and call it done as my only rear signal.

Comment

Working...
                              X