X

Carb sync ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb sync ?

I am going to do vavle job and sync carbs this weekend but my new slip on exhaust won't be in for a week or so. If I sync the carbs with stock exhaust and then add new slip on exhaust should I resync carbs or will it still be fine? Thanks

I had good valves and sync'd carbs before I put my Hindle slip-on on, but was too excited to re-do them after I installed it - it's been running fine since.

Technically, though, it's probably a little lean now (as with most slip-ons: more airflow => lean condition), so I am planning to either richen up my A/F screws or buy a Stage 1 jet kit - and it's when I do those that will require another carb sync.

So, the moral of the story is: if you're just going to install the slip-on (without richening up the A/F screws or installing a jet kit), then you could probably go ahead and do the valves and sync now - but, if you think your new slip-on will cause a lean condition, then you're going to have to up the fuel, which will require a sync check - and if you're already that deep into the bike, you might as well hold off on the valves until then.
    "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Odds are that the new exhaust won't make a single bit of difference, but if you already have the tools out, do the sync after you install the aftermarket exhaust.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X