PDA

View Full Version : Another great Ivan Jet Kit install

Spedee
03-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Another successful Ivan's Jet Kit install. Just helped Twelve-five do his 750. Amazing throttle response. We also cut 1/2" off each spring as per Ivan for the quicker response. Added the 5 degree ignition advancer, stock air filter, synced carbs all to run smooth and raring to go.

Anonymous
03-18-2007, 04:09 PM
How many turns out did it call for?

Spedee
03-18-2007, 04:18 PM
He said 4. But from my bike it wouldn't run at 4. Too much fuel. Made them all 3.5 turns. Both bikes run great there.

EXHDsportster
03-21-2007, 06:15 PM
what about the others ? K+N and dynojet ?

I have a D+D pipe and did the advance mod , plus a cool new seat !!

I may try to port the header pipe welds, would I need new gaskets to the head ?

I am sure I will need some fuel recalibration

ordering a 51 tooth also !! tires too !!

Spedee
03-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I think with usin K&N and Dynojet jet kits there will be some tweaking involved. Ivan's kit is setup one shot deal.

As for the header gaskets, I have used them twice.

I have a D+D pipe and did the advance mod , plus a cool new seat !!

I am sure I will need some fuel recalibration

ordering a 51 tooth also !! tires too !!

The CyberPoet
03-22-2007, 12:21 AM

Not as good in my experience (literally testing back-to-back with the dynojet vs. the Ivans).

I have yet to see a 98+ Katana that actually needs new header gaskets at the engine side of the equation (at the midpipe is a different story).

ordering a 51 tooth also !!

Whoa betsy! there goes your top-end!

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

readymedic
03-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Don't go with the Dyno-Jet, garbage..Stick with Ivan's..With Dyno-Jet, you loose your top end bad with a 750..

blackstallion
08-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I just got the Jet kit from Ivan. At this point I've only changed the needles and the bike runs a lot better. More power everywhere. I'll change the Ignition Advancer later this week and install a Hindle slip-on. Then I'll see about the rest. Doing it in stages just to feel the difference every step on the way.

I used to have a Factory jet kit on my 85 FZ750 and it ran a lot better than stock. Just grab a handfull of throttle and it would GO....

blackstallion
08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
So, I've installed the Ignition advancer....funny thing is that I could swear that throttle response was better in the midrange before the advancer was installed. I'm still waiting for the Midpipe for my Hildle so I'll leave the advancer and wait to see how things run with the slip-on.

Cheriff
08-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Half inch off of the spring?? That wasn't in my instructions. I am running good at 4 turns out though.

Tmod
08-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Half inch off of the spring?? That wasn't in my instructions. I am running good at 4 turns out though.
Same here I have nothing that says anything about cutting the springs, I even asked when I called about the kit the first time and they said nothing was done to the slide or slide springs.

Tmod

arsenic
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
no, I'll will say for sure Ivan's kit does NOT tell you to cut the slide springs, it tell's you to use stock springs is all :dunno: