X

Digital Speedo / Dash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Speedo / Dash

I bought this subject up a little while back and someone made the comment ...

But know this, if you get a digital tach or speedo to work, you'd better post a lengthy how-to cause a number of us have been trying to figure out how.

Ok What I am looking for here is what people have tried and what troubles people have run into.. I am wondering if anyone has tried using the Acewell Dash ?

Heres my plan .. I am planning on buying an acewell digital dash that includes Speedo to 300 km/hr, Tacho, Odometer, Fuel Guage, Temp Light, Oil Light, Nuetral Light, Hazzard light, High and Low Beam lights, Trips .. all the bells and whistles .. I want to make a new central position for that and to the left mount a Garman GPS .. roughly where the speedo is now .. to the right I wanted to mount a waterproof MP3 player but I have since found the Garmin has a biult in mp3 player. I also will probably look at moving thre switch I wired in for my Autocom, a switch for LED/Fluros and my heated grips .. if I manage to get all that mounted to the dash and still have room I will also mount some coms device for my Autocom .. to the dash too .. its very ambitious I know but I used to work in Microelectronics so if it can be done I will find a way 8)

I also have a keyless start alarm system I havent attempted to mount as yet 8)
    2001 GSX750F
    1995 ZZR600

woa....cool! let us know how its comming along.
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

The Acewell needs only to be connected too the existing wiring, only problem which CAN occur (not sure about that) is the stock-signal for the speedo not being compatible, but they allso deliver a wired hall-sensor with the dash which you can use. (just mount it with the bracket on the rearcaliper, put the magnet in one off the rotorbolts, adjust and it will work)
      For the backgroundlighting you'll need to splice into the parkinglightwires.

Comment

Awesome .. thanks for the info
        2001 GSX750F
        1995 ZZR600

Comment

so i have to ask...how hard was it to wire up? i just got the acewell and im gona do it... it doesnt look too bad but i'd like to hear what issues you ran into
          My computer Tech job in miramichi,nb,canada
          Adaptive Office Solutions

Comment

sorry to bring up an old topic, but how did you end up liking the acewell? i've been thinking about it, but not sure at this point

Comment

well he did ask but never told us wether he did this.
              He hasn't been online since june 2007 so I guess he won't respond

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
                well he did ask but never told us wether he did this.
                He hasn't been online since june 2007 so I guess he won't respond
                i ended up having some relatives in taiwan get a unit from acewell directly. I'll post up some pics once i've got it up and running...

only problem right now is i think my plugs are fouled, so i need to get the bike up and running first

Comment

so i got the unit and hooked most of it up... didn't get the speedo pickup hooked up yet, but it was nice to be able to just use the connectors that were already in place for stuff like fuel, power and ground... had to solder the connectors for the idiot lights and the tach (the unit wanted male connectors to plug in and the stock ones are female)....

i'll get pics tomorrow (it was late which is why i didn't hook up the speedo sensor)...

Comment

well, still didn't get the speedo hooked up, but got a crappy cell phone pic of how it's mounted...

had to drill out the mounting piece, and put a washer to fill in the gap... but then on the underside, took the washer out and was still able to put the cotter pin back in...

most of the hookup was pretty easy... stilll need to run a wire w/ an inline fuse to the batt for constant power, and hook up the speedo...

but the gas gague, tach, and idiot lights were a breeze to hook up

Comment

you got a link for that gauge? Looks pretty spiffy
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
                        you got a link for that gauge? Looks pretty spiffy

my relatives just happen to be about 30 minutes away from them so they got me one as a sample in case i wanted to resell them... they have a link for this place in the US for distribution

ElectroSport offers the largest range of high quality replacement Stators, Regulator/Rectifiers and CDI and ECU units. We manufacture all components in our own factory and carefully control production processes and only use the best materials in our manufacturing process. All parts come with a full one-year warranty!

Comment

any idea what cable is needed for an 04 kat 600?

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                            X