X

V&H slip on question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V&H slip on question

Ok I have been looking at the Vance and Hines slip on for my Kat. I want to put a new pipe on it, but don't wanna spend a whole lot of money, because in the future I plan to put a 1200 Bandit motor in it. So I have a few questions.
    Correct me if I am wrong but when I make the motor swap I have to use Bandit exhaust. So therefore, the slip I get now would be useless for the 1200 motor. Am I correct in all my thinking here?
    Secondly. Either way I am looking into the V&H slip-on, or full exhaust kit depending on the answer to my first question. My question about the V&H is what is the deal with the springs? What are everyones experience with these pipes? Good, bad, ugly.. These springs kinda worry me though.. Just seems like a weak point in the system. Can anyone elaborate on this? I have never seen this before so I of course don't get it.
    Here is a link to a pic of what I am talking about. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...&Style=17376#0

Thanks for any and all help.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

nobody has any 411 on this for me?

Comment

Can't speak for too much, although I'm pretty sure you'd have to use the bandit exhaust, size would be a good bit different.

The springs get used on a good number of slip ons, just a way to hook parts together without bolts. Not sure of the advantages of it, but I wouldn't be concerned with strength, they aren't gonna be weak springs by any means...
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

i have a 91 gsx 1100 SS2R canister on my 97 Kat 600
        sounds great and no problems at all !
        Plus the SS2R can be modified very easy ,

bolted end caps..

Comment

Kool thanks for the 411. I have always heard good things about V&H but those springs just stood out like a sore thumb to me.. I will prolly got with the slip-on until I do the big swap in the next year or two.

Comment

In a way the springs are better than bolts or welding. It allows for heat expansion and contraction and eliminates any possibility of cracking or stress. Most really high end motorcycle and car headers are held together with springs.
            ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

Working...
            X