PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up : Vibrations @ 7000 rpm , seems a little weak

Dozer7380
03-16-2007, 04:14 AM
I just picked up my kat today and it seems to have a strong vibration at 7k. It goes away around 8k. Its quite an intense vibration like one of those massagers. I didnt have time to service the bike cause I wanted to beat the weather home .

There also seems so be a bit of roughness that I think will be cured by a carb sync and plugs.
Fr right fork id done , thinking about swapping in something bettter.

I can only compare this bike to my first bike, a radian which felt stronger on the low end even though it is rated about 25hp less.

Any input is appreciated and quirks that people think I should work out.

KatanaSoldier
03-16-2007, 10:33 AM
You have no ride profile : :x

What year is it? What size is it? How many miles on it? What is the condition of it? : :x

Dozer7380
03-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Sorry I forgot to list details . I will update profile asap.

Its listed as 89 ' gsx600f but according to seat and vin its an 88.
i have no idea about the quirks of the bike as I just got it last night .
upon further inspection looks like its gonna need a rear shock in addition to the front fork build , carb sync. It was dropped but not hard overall it seems solid just needs some tlc.

I will be performing all the reg stuff , compression , leak down , valve check , plugs , oil , carb sync , if anyone thinks i should do something while im in there let me know . thanks again
-Victor

madkatana
03-16-2007, 09:48 PM
its called midrange...then wham you're gone...or shift to the next gear...

Dozer7380
03-18-2007, 03:08 AM
is that a common thing in the "midrange " of these bikes? the vibration is very stong like a massager on high.

professorman
03-18-2007, 03:48 AM
haha. Yea, most bikes have a area of the RPM band that there is a vibration. My hands get numb sometimes from riding long. You get this constant buzz in your hand after you come off a long ride, kinda like the funny bone vibration.

Maybe the bike was parked for awhile as well (winter) and the tire developed a flat spot, which will smooth out from riding.

Sasquatch
03-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I had a vibration on mine that was pretty bad. After installing my new exhaust, I had a jet kit put in, and the carbs synced. The carb sync seemed to do a great job at removing most of the vibration.

EisBlade
06-17-2007, 02:27 PM
You could also order from Suzuki a set of heavy bar ends...from a 2000 GSX 750. Your bar ends are nothing but lightweight aluminum, and the late model 750 comes with thick solid metal ones. This adds weight to the ends of your handlebars and reduces vibration at all rpm levels.

md86
06-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Or look into filling your bars with something . LIke lead shot . Been done . Serach around on here for details ...