Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Finished cleaning, didn't get a chance to lube.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished cleaning, didn't get a chance to lube.

So, I was going to wash my bike, starting with a good chain cleaning and lube. Well I started the chain cleaning when I looked up and noticed some storm clouds moving in. How nice. I figured I could probably finish the cleaning (the the chain was already covered with Kerosene anyway) and put the chain wax on before the stormed moved in. Well, I was wrong. As soon as I had finished cleaning the chain, got it looking all nice and new again (well almost nice and new) it started rainng. I went inside washed some of the Kerosene off of my hands and when I came back out, it was pouring so I decided my best bet was to be done for today. My question is I never got a chance to put the wax on. Is it ok to leave the bike ( I covered it up to keep most of the water off of the chain) without the wax on if I'm not going to ride it again untill I do put it on? And if it is ok, how long is the maximum I can wait seeing as how its supposed to really storm tomorrow?

It should be ok. Just put the wax on tomorrow when the chain is dry. These things are tough enough to withstand rusting in a single day.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

OMG you started a thread regarding motorcycles!!!!

Comment

Oh crap, your right. I've SINNED! Oh, what have I done? Now I'm going to be addicted to posting about motorcycles...oh lord, what have I done?

Comment

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

BTW, Thanks for you help guys, hopefully I can get up early enough to lube the chain before the storm hits.

Comment

Doesn't take but a couple minutes to wipe it dry and spay on some wax . Wake up 10 minutes early .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X