PDA

View Full Version : Wont idle or run after running out of gas

reznor252
03-15-2007, 05:37 PM
I just got my carbs back from SpecialK (Thanks a bunch by the way) and after getting them back on my bike she fired right up. I had very little gas in the tank and she ran out as I was pulling up to the gas pump at the local gas station. Filled her up, put her on prime, fired her up and she sputtered then died. I can keep her running with half throttle but she wont go over a 1000 rpms. I had to push her 1.5 miles home uphill. I suspect I just fowled the plugs as I hadn't sync'ed the carbs yet (I know I know, bad after a carb rebuild) mixed with the gunk at the bottom of the tank. Any other ideas? When I get home from school tonight I am going to tear her open and pull the plugs but wonder what else I should check. She ran fine up until running out of gas.

steves
03-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Is the idle set too low?

I accidentally bumped the idle down when I first started riding, and had to take the bike home on choke to keep it from stalling out.

md86
03-16-2007, 04:13 AM
:gunk in the bottom of the tank" :-s ? Oh no you din't ! :lol: Feshly rebuilt carbs and you crapped in them ! I'd HOPE it's plugs and check them first . Then put in some inline filters , then synch the things if it'll run . If not , and you're sure you got crap in the carbs , go see carb cleaning 101 . :lol: