X

carb part questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb part questions

just picked up a 1990 600, wasn't running (p.o. said that it was last fall), so I went through the carbs (using the helpful 101), and came across a couple of problems.

one of the carbs had a broken line that ran from the choke plunger to just above the float bowl (the exterior line in the choke circuit). Any diagram I look at does not include this part, anyone know the part number??

Secondly, three small parts were lost, and I was looking for possible hardware store options for replacing them. 1) the large plastic spacer that rests on top of the needle jet , 2&3) the washer and o-ring for one of the air/fuel mixture screws.

thanks.
    1991 GSX600F
    1977 KZ750B
    1980 CB900C

Try visiting www.ronayers.com, search out the parts fiche for your year and model, and get the OEM part numbers (either order from them, or via your local dealer).

I'll give you a little help to get started:
    Parts Fiche List for 1990 Suzuki GSX600F (year L)

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That "line" is cast into the carbs , I believe . Not so much a "replaceable part" . Bummer .
      The spacer ...... SOUNDS like the thing that sits on top of the needle that the spring pushes on . I'd just go find one at like a dealer instead of messing around there . The washer and o-ring you MAY be able to get lucky and find , but they're so SMALL it'll be hard to find one that's just right I'm thinking .....
      But , with that busted "line" , it soulnds like you'll wanna find another carb . You can probably find JUST the one and swap all your stuff to make a whole bank . I don't remember what tha line does , but I HAD figured it out one day . I can look at my parts carbs again though , but I'm thinking you're starting off in the hole already ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The small brass (looks like brass, must be brass ;p ) line enriches the mixture when choke is applied. It runs from the fuel bowl to the choke plunger orifice, which is then connected to the venturi.

If it's merely cracked, or has a small hole, I would try using something like QuickSteel (epoxy putty, cures in gasoline) and patch it up. Be careful not to clog the line.. which is why I didn't recommend JBWeld.
        If it's missing big pieces... meh.. I can't think of anything thing at the moment.

If your bike shop doesn't carry the other carb parts, I'd suggest heading to your local hobby shop that carries high end RC car parts.

The slide spring seat is very similar to shock absorber pistons and you should be able to find one that is a close match... take an old one with you.

Nitro powered RC carbs use those little washers and o-rings all over the place. As always, take ones from another carb with you.

Keep in mind, these are just some alternatives... Trying to think outside the box

Comment

RC car place, good idea.

the line was broken on both ends flush w/ the body, and I was able to extract out the rest. It is just pressed fit copper tubbing, so I think that I will fab up my own line.
          1991 GSX600F
          1977 KZ750B
          1980 CB900C

Comment

Originally posted by DonShannon
            The small brass (looks like brass, must be brass ;p ) line enriches the mixture when choke is applied.
            Yeah , that sounds about right . That's what I WANTED to say , but wasn't 100% on that last night .
            RC car shop , huh ? Damn , that's pretty freakin cool ! I never woulda thought of that . Not that there's much of that sort of thing around HERE .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X